What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The London Olympics 2012

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We noticed some blocks of empty seats in Excel today.

Why don't the officials hold empties on standby, and sell or give away 75% of the empties 15 minutes before an event starts?

Simples.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
We noticed some blocks of empty seats in Excel today.

Why don't the officials hold empties on standby, and sell or give away 75% of the empties 15 minutes before an event starts?

Simples.

It's about time that they started penalising the corporates who don't use their tickets......imagine how much good press the sponsors would get if they reallocated the tickets to charities or ordinary members of the public.

The Archangel

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
It's about time that they started penalising the corporates who don't use their tickets......imagine how much good press the sponsors would get if they reallocated the tickets to charities or ordinary members of the public.

The Archangel

Agree.
But Team GB are doing OK against Canada in the beach volleyball...in Horse Guards Parade. Sounds surreal but it's true :). Good crowd there.
Match point.
GB did it!!!

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
stranding said:
Agree.
But Team GB are doing OK against Canada in the beach volleyball...in Horse Guards Parade. Sounds surreal but it's true :). Good crowd there.
Match point.
GB did it!!!

Woo. We are looking forward to Rebecca Adlington's race at 8.15 pm :)

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:

The Archangel

Yes, it's obvious the corporates are not using their tickets. Shame on them..

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see Rebecca Adlington got a bronze. Woop woop. Another medal. 16th now.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mollysmom said:
Congrats on all the medals! :).

Thanks mollysmum!
Looking forward especially to the rowing, archery & cross country eventing today. It's difficult to choose from so many goodies:)

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We are watching the equestrian XC at Greenwich. I never realised the entire park is in use. We hope to visit next week. I need to check if park entrance is free. :)

Just seen a fall. No 5 rider.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
We are watching the equestrian XC at Greenwich. I never realised the entire park is in use. We hope to visit next week. I need to check if park entrance is free. :)

Just seen a fall. No 5 rider.

Just seen No 14 fall (the air vest exploded with a bang, not hurt) & 15 whose horse slipped-unlucky. Brit No 9 Nicola Wilson on Opposition Buzz is now first with an amazing 13.2 time, no penalties. Not sure yet who is No 5. The course looks fun, lots of novelty jumps, up & downs & wet puddlings:).

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stranding said:
Just seen No 14 fall (the air vest exploded with a bang, not hurt) & 15 whose horse slipped-unlucky. Brit No 9 Nicola Wilson on Opposition Buzz is now first with an amazing 13.2 time, no penalties. Not sure yet who is No 5. The course looks fun, lots of novelty jumps, up & downs & wet puddlings:).

Still with the cross country, Mary King is safely through. Lots of falls:-(

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We are back with the equestrian after watching the men's synchronised dicing. The competition was excellant.

Isn't the course at Greenwich fabulous, and the event exciting.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I'm not a horsey type person but I have to say that it all looks magnificent.....as does Greenwich Park!

The Archangel

Doesn't it just! And many of the fences are witty & fun. One might think "quirky", even?:)

Most reactions

Latest posts