What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The London Olympics 2012

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yay. Silver. Three cheers for us. Well done Tina! Well done Team GB!

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
To us, here at home, yesterday was a great day's events. It was full of drama, some unexpected. The events were great to watch, and although we are supporting Team GB, when it can to the finals, we didn't mind who won - we felt for those who just missed out on a medal, and shared in the elation of the winners.

Like Gabe, we are not really "horsey" types. However we do enjoy show jumping. The Earls Court competitions with the Yorkshire family (I cannot remember his name!) as favourites (Harvey SMITH?) were good experiences. Bach to the Present... The setting in Greenwich is inspirational. NIMBYs, please note. I will post some general park photos later, when the PC is off its go-slow. The slips and falls added drama to a classic World Heritage Site backdrop. That drop looks quite awesome when looking up to it!

The rowing pairs produced a great Team GB result. The canoe slalom was exciting stuff, but it does take some concentration and a few runs need to be seen to grasp how the course is tackled.

Then, the swimming heats and finals were brilliant. I have just heard that the USA team coach is questioning whether the Chinese Gold medallist in one event was using drugs - vehement ally denied by the Chinese. A drama could unfold there.....

Now, talking about drama ...... :) ...... There was a "stewards' enquiry" at the end of the men's gymnastics finals. The Japanese team lost points for a couple of sloppy finishes from the horse routine, and ended up 4th. Team UK was elevated from Bronze to Silver medal position :) :) The Japanese challenged the results. The wait was worse than at TV reality sow dramatic pause. Then, the Japanese leapfrogged (a new discipline) into Silver, pushing GB back to Bronze.

We polished off the viewing watching the Canada v GB in basketball. That was a bit of a ding dong.... Great stuff though.

The evening views of the Olympic PArk were just magical.

Now, roll out today.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Thank you for this great report and your photos--have yet to look at those (been busy with the roses -- urgh, I akcherly keyed in "orses"!
You may not be "orsey" but, well, we can't all be perfect:)

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stranding said:
Zara: clear round for the individual jumping, 4 secs inside time!!!
So far, so brilliant:)

No individual medals in the end but great riding by all the Brit rider pairs. Beaten by the amazing German Jung who well deserves his gold and the young Swede who just missed that to the silver with a very last minute trailing hoooof! No doubt they'll be back.

Mary is already looking forward to Rio! She is such a bubbly, positive, strong lady. Admirable role model.
They all are.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well it looks like our team GB woman's football team are storming ahead. Maybe this will make GB sit up and notice the girls actually do have the talent. They beat BRAZIL!!!!!! Yippee!

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Well it looks like our team GB woman's football team are storming ahead. Maybe this will make GB sit up and notice the girls actually do have the talent. They beat BRAZIL!!!!!! Yippee!

That's brilliant. We saw the closing stages of the game, but not the final whistle.

The swimming was exciting! Really exciting. We saw history on the making when Michael Phelps won his 19th Olympic medal in the men's relay.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, good for him. And for USA.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yes, good for him. And for USA.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

Congrats from me too. Wonderful exciting race & fascinating underwater shots of his breathing from his nostrils! A nano-second in it. Go TeamUSA!!! But please don't get in the way of any Brits.

I'm out this morning so Richard, please put your spokes into anyone I wouldn't approve of? You will know who they are:) Cheers!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, me too. Hubby has had enough of lounging around so we are off National Trusting. Eenie meenie miney mo!

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
stranding said:
Congrats from me too. Wonderful exciting race & fascinating underwater shots of his breathing from his nostrils! A nano-second in it. Go TeamUSA!!! But please don't get in the way of any Brits.

I'm out this morning so Richard, please put your spokes into anyone I wouldn't approve of? You will know who they are:) Cheers!

OK. At the ready. We are out this morning too. Need to buy in the food and drink for continued Olympic viewing :)

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are a couple of storms brewing.

1. Accusations of match rigging in the Badminton.

2. Greenwich Market traders most unhappy that spectators to the equestrian events were herded past the covered Market with no obvious access to the Market.

Which problem will they fix first?

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The rowing was very very exciting.

GB Gold for the women's pairs. Then to see 3 flags featuring the Union Jack over the podium. :)

GB men's 8 lipped to the post by Canada. Canada silver, GB bronze. Germany gold....

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I watched some last night. The swimming was exciting! The gymnastics was great too. I felt so bad for the Russian team though. They were so upset.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts