What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slow/no WiFi with iOS6!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DocPhyz said:
Not to worry, Kevin - with your AirPrint printer, you don't need FingerPrint. I have an ~ 6 year old HP inkjet. Enjoy using the new toy, and I'll work on the disconnect here. Will eventually buy an AirPrint unit, I guess.

HP DeskJet 3050a. $79 in BestBuy and the cartridges are only $20 each. Makes the Canon that I have look very expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DocPhyz said:
Not to worry, Kevin - with your AirPrint printer, you don't need FingerPrint. I have an ~ 6 year old HP inkjet. Enjoy using the new toy, and I'll work on the disconnect here. Will eventually buy an AirPrint unit, I guess.

If you have a net gear router there is an app that turns any printer into an AirPrint printer.

OP
D

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
HP DeskJet 3050a. $79 in BestBuy and the cartridges are only $20 each. Makes the Canon that I have look very expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Kevin & AQ_OC --

FingerPrint now works w/ my HP 6940 -- just had to get an upgrade that takes care of iOS6. But I may go to Best Buy this week, Kevin -- my cartridges are $60/ pair! Will check out the 3050a. I'm still prone to HP.

No, AQ_OC, just an ATT DSL router. But thanks for the reminder.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
I agree with this......iOS6 is awesome. Zero issues and it flies.
Like the commercial......ZOOM......ZOOOOOM!

No disrepect to those having issues but it just seems wierd.......I couldn't be happier with iOS6.

Ahhh! Buerkletuscson and Redhotpoker, thanks! Some positive forward-looking posts for a change. My own experience and outlook also. (Although I drive a Toyota LOL)

Cheers, Andrew

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
Ahhh! Buerkletuscson and Redhotpoker, thanks! Some positive forward-looking posts for a change. My own experience and outlook also. (Although I drive a Toyota LOL)

Cheers, Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your kind words, it's truly refreshing to read your uplifting commentary on these pages.
Yes, the new iOS 6 is a charm. I have nothing to say in the negative, only positive feedback from this happy camper.
I'm pleased that Apple got it right, for me and many others anyways.

As I've stated here prior, I'm not sure that the update has caused this many problems for so many here.
I'm left wondering if it was the update or for several other reasons, that those problems were actually caused by.
I hope an answer and fix are very near for anyone experiencing anything but hassle free operation.

Andrew, I'll take that crappy Toyota off your hands... and free up your troubles where the car is concerned... Smile

Chas

gr8panda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem with u. After i upgrade i can not backup to iCloud. Is it only me or another user also have the same problem in back up to iCloud after upgrading to iOS 6?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Andrew,

Andrew, I'll take that crappy Toyota off your hands... and free up your troubles where the car is concerned... Smile

Chas

No! No way! It's a little 1500cc Yaris and I'm loving it. Runs on the smell of an oily rag. (Hell, I think I'm off topic now, so later! and enough of the exclamation marks!!)

All the best, Anndrew

Peterrobert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin, have super speed now after following your advice.

Try network reset.

Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings.

I'm experiencing better speeds with iOS 6 than I did with 5.1.1, particularly in Safari.

Thanks Kevin. Followed your advice on speeding up wifi.

Most reactions

Latest posts