What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slow/no WiFi with iOS6!

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just tracked down slow Internet response with Mail, App Store & updates, and even Google searches to WiFi using iOS6. Previous rapid response on iOS5.1.1 has gotten agonizingly slow, or even times out with a "server not responding" note. Doing the same functions moments later, same environment, with my iPod Touch 4 or the iPad3 on 3G data work fine, like the iPad did with iOS5.1.1.

Is anyone else experiencing this, is there a known fix, or do we wait for Apple to find & fix it?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try network reset.

Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings.

I'm experiencing better speeds with iOS 6 than I did with 5.1.1, particularly in Safari.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm awfully surprised to continue reading of others experiencing a myriad of difficulties after the iOS6 update. I have only had positive results since the upgraded iOS was installed on my new iPad 3 last week. So I'm wondering if it is the update, or other reasons for these glitches in their systems.
Surely if it was iOS 6, many more of us would be having similar response, and we are not. So what from, or where did these problems begin to occur?

I wish we were all enjoying this update, as reading all the negative press is already getting rather old. But not to deny those problems actually happen, just slightly skeptical it is iOS 6 that is solely to blame.

I wish something could be done to correct these short comings for all experiencing less than perfect operations lately, so that we were all on the same page, and happy to be there together..

Chas

Last edited:
OP
D

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, Kevin! That was the problem. Never had to do that after an upgrade before, and it seems like most haven't had to with this one. So there is still a bit if a mystery here.

Guess that's what separates the "novices" from the "super moderators". Thanks again.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome. Glad it worked for you. The improvements in speed are quite unbelievable. It was OK before, but iOS 6 seems to have turbocharged Safari.

cbreze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to add my two cents, I was a tad worried at first especially the reported wifi issues some seemed to be having. I went ahead and updated and couldn't be happier. Faster speeds, no wifi issues at all, always connecting fast like before. Siri seems more hassle than not and more a novelty so far than anything very helpful, maybe i just need more practice, might ask her for a date.
For maps I just put a google map link on my screen, works great. Happy with the update.

OP
D

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now, "super" Kevin, what do you suggest for this. Since upgrading to iOS6, FingerPrint running on my PC no longer sees my iPad and shows my printer as an "AirPrint" printer, like it still does on my iPod Touch that's still on iOS5.1.1. Worked fine on the iPad before upgrade, and if course it's WiFi based. Have tried all the FingerPrint support suggestions, and of course the standard close all apps, shut down & restart the iPad routine.

Glad to try any of your suggestions!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DocPhyz said:
Now, "super" Kevin, what do you suggest for this. Since upgrading to iOS6, FingerPrint running on my PC no longer sees my iPad and shows my printer as an "AirPrint" printer, like it still does on my iPod Touch that's still on iOS5.1.1. Worked fine on the iPad before upgrade, and if course it's WiFi based. Have tried all the FingerPrint support suggestions, and of course the standard close all apps, shut down & restart the iPad routine.

Glad to try any of your suggestions!

My god, what have I unleashed. ;) I'm not familiar with FingerPrint, so I'll have to research it and get back to you. I bought my first AirPrint printer yesterday, so I'm new to this too.

In the meantime, if anyone would like to have a go at this one, please feel free to do so.

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Kevin. I also had some slow WiFi issues since I upgraded to iOS 6. Resetting the Network Settings seems to have fixed it.

JWolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help!
I've tried for the 6 th time to upgrade my IPad 3 and I get unable to update error message
Does anyone have an idea what to do????
This is getting ridiculous

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm awfully surprised to continue reading of others experiencing a myriad of difficulties after the iOS6 update. I have only had positive results since the upgraded iOS was installed on my new iPad 3 last week. So I'm wondering if it is the update, or other reasons for these glitches in their systems.
Surely if it was iOS 6, many more of us would be having similar response, and we are not. So what from, or where did these problems begin to occur?

I wish we were all enjoying this update, as reading all the negative press is already getting rather old. But not to deny those problems actually happen, just slightly skeptical it is iOS 6 that is solely to blame.

I wish something could be done to correct these short comings for all experiencing less than perfect operations lately, so that we were all on the same page, and happy to be there together..

Chas

I agree with this......iOS6 is awesome. Zero issues and it flies.
Like the commercial......ZOOM......ZOOOOOM!

No disrepect to those having issues but it just seems wierd.......I couldn't be happier with iOS6.

JWolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't install iOS 6 to a new iPad 3
It tells me error unable to upgrade!

OP
D

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to worry, Kevin - with your AirPrint printer, you don't need FingerPrint. I have an ~ 6 year old HP inkjet. Enjoy using the new toy, and I'll work on the disconnect here. Will eventually buy an AirPrint unit, I guess.

OP
D

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jwolf -- go to Settings > General > About and check Version. If it's really new, last week or so, it might already have iOS6, hence that message.

Most reactions

Latest posts