What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remoting Apps that can use & show at the Max iPad 3 resolution?

crashnburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remoting Apps that can use & show at the Max iPad 3 resolution?

remote desktop - What is the best RDP/VNC client for the new iPad that makes use of the retina display? - Apple

Which Remoting Apps can leverage the Retina Resolutions?

Maybe allow us to remote and login at Resolutions of our choice & show it nicely (Since its Retina).

e.g Retina
- 2048 x ..
- 1920 x 1200
- 1920 x 1080
- 1600 x 1200 etc

Note: Remote into Windows & Mac both if possible. But post about the App if it supports one or both.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Splashtop will let you connect at your computer's native resolution. I can see my entire 2560 x 1440 display; though there is considerable black space above and below due to the aspect ratio, and only the larger fonts are readable without zooming in. I need to zoom in anyway to get accurate touch events.

It can also connect at one of two preset resolutions. Unfortunately, due to the next issue, it also forces the computer's screen to that resolution; and the windows don't always resize gracefully.

My main problem with Splashtop is that it does not start it's own session. The computer's screen remains active and visible. This is fine for using it around the house, or if your computer is physically secure; which means it's fine for me. Whether it's fine for you?

I believe there is a Pro version that does background sessions.

Logmein Ignition is the another big name, and worth checking out.

Edit: I though they had added Retinal support, but I'm not seeing it in the description. Maybe those smaller fonts would be readable (with a magnifying glass) if they did.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts