What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash on your iPad and a great remote desktop app

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wyse PocketCloud Remote Desktop & RDP Client - $15

This remote desktop app does everything. Right-click, gesture scrolling on the remote machine, CTRL, ALT, FN keys, drag and drop. Its worth the $15 of you are a profession, just for the RDP features. It gives you a "virtual mouse" that you can use to click, right click, scroll, etc from. Its hard to explain, but its very useful.

It also give you flash on the iPad. If you install the Thin-Browser on your remote PC, it allows you to run IE from the remote machine with your iPad's GUI as if it were an app on your iPad. This allows Flash, ActiveX, Silverlight, Java, etc. The main limit I have see is that it does not perform well with video. It works, but the video is not a smooth playback.

I have no connection to the developer, a coworker just installed it and showed it to me and I am really impressed!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RealVNC is $10 and its.....well Real VNC....made by the original creater of VNC and it is the most stable and best remote desktop app I've used.

OP
P

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I have used VNC before. Its simple, cross-platform, and works well. If you are remoting into windows computers, I have found that the native Windows RDP protocol performs better.

Being able to run Internet Explorer with all the plugins including flash semi-natively on the iPad is pretty sweet though. Its not running on the remote computer and then viewing it remotely, IE actually runs on your iPad sort of virtualized the way Citrix can host an app running on one machine from another.

Last edited:
OP
P

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, I'm wrong about how the Wyse web Browser runs. It actually runs on your remote host, but the way it makes the window full-screen, it appears as though it is running natively on the iPad. Its not quite as exciting as I initially thought, but it still would give you access to a flash-only site on the ipad that isnt video-intensive.

You also have a mouse-over or hover function with the "virtual mouse". From what I can tell, the main advantage to the Wyse browser is that you can scroll with you finger like the Safari browser on the iPad.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts