What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not yet an iPad owner, but have question re: "taking notes". (Thx!)

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use noteshelf for school. I have a Targums stylus that doesn't have a fine tip on it, but definitely gets the job done especially when I use the zoom feature..the one where you write large and it inputs it small. I don't think this has been mentioned on this thread yet, but have you ever given the horizontal keyboard on the iPad a real try? It's what I use, and I type about 60 wpm, which is about half of what I can do a normal keyboard, but definitely does suffice. Also a nice feature with note shelf is that it has a wrist guard that automatically adjusts depending on where you are handwriting on the screen. If your palm touches the screen below the wrist guard, no marks are made.

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Furthermore, the iPad keyboard in horizontal view is very accurate and the auto correct is typically pretty intelligent.

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have a bamboo stylus, apple Bluetooth keyboard and Notability for my note taking app. Use it for work, college at night and entertainment at home. The iPad truly serves sooo many purposes. It's an awesome investment. Go get it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Tiskers

Tiskers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I am soaking up all the info!

HATP: I actually hate to keyboard type... do plenty of that on my laptop and at work. Typing my notes at a seminar or class just does NOT appeal. But thank you so much for the info. I really need to explore and find a workable way to "hand write" notes.

And speaking of that, what do you guys think about a stylus like this? Just wondering?
High Quality Stylus Touch Screen Pen Touch Pen for Apple iPad (Black) for Sale at US$ 2.49 | Cool Apple Gadgets Online

THANK YOU!

PS I am also considering the GALAXY NOTE 10.1, which is why I haven't gotten anything yet. I know this is iPad World and mentioning the Galaxy Note may be heresy (LOL!) -- so please forgive!!! ;o)

Most reactions

Latest posts