What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO WAY TO JAILBREAK!

etude102

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I try to jailbreak my iPad 3 (64 G) with the latest Pangu (ver. 1.2.1) using Windows 7, 64 bit with iTunes 12.1.0.71, it tells me that the "iTunes version is too old. Please upgrade iTunes to version 11.2 or later." That's clearly bass-ackward. When I try to jailbreak with TaiG 1.2.0, it tells me it "Can't find the Apple driver, please download and install iTunes." So, iTunes is installed and is version > 11.2 and because it's installed, the "driver" TaiG is looking for must be there. I have removed any lock codes and even set the iPad to "Airplane" mode. Nothing works.

I also have a Mac with Yosemite OS X (10.9.5) version on it. Pangu says that it only works with version 8 or 8.1 of iOS on the iPad (which is 8.1.2). So, I downloaded the PPJailbreak for the Mac. It runs, but the "Jailbreak" button never lights up even after unchecking the box in the lower left corner. I know that my iPad is connected because iTunes comes up and sees it. I am closing iTunes before executing PPJailbreak. I think that pretty much covers any way I've found to jailbreak. I have uninstalled iTunes, cold booted the PC, re-installed iTunes and ran TaiG as Administrator with XP compatibility and I still get the same message. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to have a successful jailbreak?
TaiG Error.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The latest version of iTunes is 12.1 and the latest version of OSX is 10.10.2. Have you tried after updating both?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I've read, the latest version of iTunes (version 12.1) makes the jailbreak tool(s) not run correctly. The only solution I have seen is to completely uninstall iTunes 12.1 and then re-install iTunes 12.0.

Jere is thread where this is discussed in more detail: http://www.ipadforums.net/posts/1092460/

Marilyn

OP
E

etude102

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The latest version of iTunes is 12.1 and the latest version of OSX is 10.10.2. Have you tried after updating both?

As you can tell from my message above, I'm using iTunes 12.1.0.71. I just updated to the latest OS X. However, the version is not 10.10.2. It is 10.9.5. I do have an error in the top half of App window. Nevertheless, I can't run TaiG on the Mac and I'm told the PPJailbreak does not support iOS 8.1.2. It looks like my only choice is Windows if I could only resolve that "driver" problem with TaiG. Any other suggestions?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Read this post in the thread, just above your most recent post. http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/no-way-to-jailbreak.126494/#post-1093051

According to it, you have to remove iTunes 12.1 from your computer and install iTunes 12.0 before the jailbreak will work. On a Mac computer, you have to use the PP jailbreak, which does work for iOS 8.1.2.

OSX 10.9.5 is the latest version of Mavericks. The latest version of Yosemite is OSX 10.10.2.

Most reactions