What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new to ipads

DoomCookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am looking into geting a ipad but I don't know what to get I am a art and music student if that helps at all. And I do know a lot about electronics I just need some help finding something that is right for me. I'm am looking in to the newest ipad 4. I kinda think that is what I'm leaning to but a friend told me I should go with the mini. But I don't know

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I am looking into geting a ipad but I don't know what to get I am a art and music student if that helps at all. And I do know a lot about electronics I just need some help finding something that is right for me. I'm am looking in to the newest ipad 4. I kinda think that is what I'm leaning to but a friend told me I should go with the mini. But I don't know

Welcome to the forum, DoomCookie! The iPad4 and Mini both do exactly the same things, similar battery life etc. (except the Mini does not have the Retina Display screen, apparently not a big deal in the eyes of most people now enjoying their Mini) The only real difference is the size.
Your best best is to go to the store and handle both of them. Think about where you will be using it, whether you will want to carry it outside the house a lot and where, how it would handle in class, on transport if you want to use it on that, whether you want it to fit inside any bag you may want to use, what size bag and so on. Other peoples' opinions are not as important as your own feelings about what is best for you after you have juggled both sized iPads in your hands?
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless you plan to use it as a phone I would get the iPad4 bigger screen faster processor better for all around use. It's my choice.

OP
DoomCookie

DoomCookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I'm leaning to the ipad 4 it just seems like the best choice for me

StillYas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used them both. Bought a mini first and gave my ipad 3 to my mother. After using the mini for about 10 days, it was getting very annoying, the size and the screen is crap to me but its because i jumped on Apple bandwagon when iphone 4 came out and i have been using Retina display since than.

Now the mini is portable a bit more than the ipad 4 but since i do a whole lot of emailing and typing scripts and web browsing, i find ipad 4 much much better and happy to have refunded my mini on time.

But thats my opinion and take on it. To me Retina display and a bigger screen matter. I havent touched a laptop since iPad 3.

Good luck with your decision. :)

OP
DoomCookie

DoomCookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah the more I Kern about the ipad 4 the more I think that's is what I am getting thank you for your input It is vary helpful

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
since you're a music student you can check the itunes store today on the best of 2012 app category in the front page then scroll down you will see one of the best app 2012 is a music app and its free :ipad-keyboard:

Neilgray99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newer than you- My First Post

I feel pretty dumb- I've looked all over and can't find where I can enter a new post! I registered on the forum to do just that!

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For me the iPad 4 is the only way to go.......
I've played with the Mini and after a period of time it's frustrating to use due to the size.

To many websites you have to keep expanding the size to click on certain links, etc.
Got hard on the eyes also.

Retina rocks! :thumbs:

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel pretty dumb- I've looked all over and can't find where I can enter a new post! I registered on the forum to do just that!

Go to Forum top of page click on it pick the forum you wish to post a new message in click on it, and it's in the top left hand side of your screen.

Last edited:

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DoomCookie said:

IPad 4 is much stronger than Mini.. Also iPad 4 have much better screen resolution.

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just went through this last week. I was trying to decide whether to get the 4 or mini. I ended up going with the 4 because I do a lot of reading and the text was so much crisper. Also, if you use an iPhone a lot, the lower resolution of the ipad mini was annoying to me. It was like going back to an iPhone 3GS.

Most reactions

Latest posts