What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which one is the iPad4??

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this may seem as a really dumb question but I really don't know which one is the iPad 4. There's the iPad 1 which is the original, then the 2 came out and it was more powerful of course and with a diffrent design, then there's the 3 which is of course even more powerful than the 2, it has the same design as the 2 but it's retina, it was and I this is still called the new iPad. Then we come to what I thought was the latest iPad which would be the iPad mini, that kinda speaks for itself, but what about the iPad 4? Is it a diffrent name for one of theseor am i missing something? Thanks everyone in advance

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Which would be the 3 aka new iPad? That's retina

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 3 = retina display plus 30 pin connector.

:)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
I think the 3 was dropped. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

Yes, the iPad 3 has been officially discontinued by Apple.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 3 = The New iPad
iPad 4 = iPad With Retina Display

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But since the iPad 3 also has a Retina Display, these descriptions are confusing. :D

Yes, Apple, in spite of all their fabulous success, can't seem to figure out how to name their stuff. :)

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, Apple, in spite of all their fabulous success, can't seem to figure out how to name their stuff. :)

I think the decision to go without putting a number on the product is a good one. They are all iPads, just one is smaller then the rest and a couple have better displays and are faster.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the decision to go without putting a number on the product is a good one. They are all iPads, just one is smaller then the rest and a couple have better displays and are faster.

Yea and it never ever causes any confusion.......just look at the threads on this forum. :D
Retailers would never think of using it to their advantage either.....like selling an iPad 3 to an unknowing customer, at full price or more. :eek:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't care if they name them after vegetables, animals or whatever. Just name them something so that you can search for an accessory without having to guess whether it will fit or work.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Doesn't mean that they have done a good job of naming them. In fact, they have done a horrible job. So. I can't see how there is a good decision here at all.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Timey said:
Hi everyone, this may seem as a really dumb question but I really don't know which one is the iPad 4. There's the iPad 1 which is the original, then the 2 came out and it was more powerful of course and with a diffrent design, then there's the 3 which is of course even more powerful than the 2, it has the same design as the 2 but it's retina, it was and I this is still called the new iPad. Then we come to what I thought was the latest iPad which would be the iPad mini, that kinda speaks for itself, but what about the iPad 4? Is it a diffrent name for one of theseor am i missing something? Thanks everyone in advance

Check out the apple store online OR better yet, check the Apple Store in person or anyplace that sells apple products.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Most reactions