What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad blue hue (ipad 3)

deme87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed on the New ipad screen blue hue around the edges especially when there is a white background? If i look closely you can see a light blue color especially on the top and the bottom of the screen against a white background ? is this normal?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you stare too hard to can see whatever you envision! :) But no, I don't see any blue hue on mine.

OP
D

deme87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hehe good one AQ_OC :p but mine does really exhibit that. It usually shows when there isn't enough light in the room. It is mostly seen on the sides when used in landscape mode and the background is completely white e.g. in safari!!!

grecile ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having hard time looking for the blue hue... I don't see one in my new iPad

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hehe good one AQ_OC :p but mine does really exhibit that. It usually shows when there isn't enough light in the room. It is mostly seen on the sides when used in landscape mode and the background is completely white e.g. in safari!!!

Are you sure it is not just light reflecting off the screen in a strange way? How about a camera shot?

OP
D

deme87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is very difficult to capture using a camera!! I dont think it is light reflecting o the screen because it is visible in darkness as well!! One italian guy in the apple forums told me he has a similar problem so i dont think am the only one!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's obviously a rare problem,since no one on this thread,other than yourself has ever experienced it.If it's that hard to photograph,the blue colour has to be very faint.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is very difficult to capture using a camera!! I dont think it is light reflecting o the screen because it is visible in darkness as well!! One italian guy in the apple forums told me he has a similar problem so i dont think am the only one!!

Where humans are concerned you are never the only one. So I guess you have several friends/relatives to see the blue hue as well, right?

OP
D

deme87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys i visited the apple store and i compared my ipad with the ones there. Half of them had similar blue hues and others did not!! Comparing the maximum brightness levels between the two you could obviously see a difference between them which shows that there are at least two kinds of screens used in the new ipads!! I swapped mine hoping to get the other screen type and eventually i did! I dont know if that batch is only in the UK but it does exist and it does have a slight blue hue around the edges!!!

grecile ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deme87 said:
Guys i visited the apple store and i compared my ipad with the ones there. Half of them had similar blue hues and others did not!! Comparing the maximum brightness levels between the two you could obviously see a difference between them which shows that there are at least two kinds of screens used in the new ipads!! I swapped mine hoping to get the other screen type and eventually i did! I dont know if that batch is only in the UK but it does exist and it does have a slight blue hue around the edges!!!

How to check?

Sent from my friend's iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts