What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue lines on edge of screen?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've asked others and they see it, too. It's definitely there. I wouldn't make up a screen defect. I have a laptop, phone, 7-inch tablet, and TV, none of which have real (that I can see) or imaginary screen defects. I sort of am looking for perfection, to be honest. If I spend over $500 on a device, I really don't want it to have a manufacturing defect. From what I've read, defects in Apple devices that aren't first batch are rare, so I would hope that my replacement would be better. This is Apple after all. They supposedly make the best devices available.

Hi jtc276 and, I assure you, my post was not meant to question what you are seeing or cause discomfort in any way, and if it did I do regret that. I first read that you noticed that blueness only as very faint and in dark rooms. But now I understand more clearly that you and others see it as a problem when reading text as well. Now that does not seem right and there is no reason IMHO why you should not ask to have it exchanged.

I hope that new iPad comes through for you quickly so you can enjoy it in the new year, which I wish will be a great one for you.
Regards, Andrew

OP
J

jtc276

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
Hi jtc276 and, I assure you, my post was not meant to question what you are seeing or cause discomfort in any way, and if it did I do regret that. I first read that you noticed that blueness only as very faint and in dark rooms. But now I understand more clearly that you and others see it as a problem when reading text as well. Now that does not seem right and there is no reason IMHO why you should not ask to have it exchanged.

I hope that new iPad comes through for you quickly so you can enjoy it in the new year, which I wish will be a great one for you.
Regards, Andrew

Looking back at my OP, I realize that I made it seem like it's only visible in dark rooms, when actually it's visible all the time. I'm really not sure why I put that and if there was any misunderstanding it was my fault. I'm hoping that my local Walmart will finally restock tomorrow. I'm definitely anxiously waiting. Thank you for your help!

PeKu65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I was searching the net for an answer regarding my ipad and found your thread about a blue edge. I've just noticed this on mine while editing pictures of snowy scenery...I was wondering if you resolved your issue or is this just the way they are? It's driving me nuts now that I've noticed it!

Most reactions

Latest posts