Blue lines on edge of screen?

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by jtc276, Jan 2, 2013.

1. jtc276

jtc276
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Sorry if this has been posted before. I searched and didn't see anything. On the edges of my screen there seems to be a blue hue. It's very faint but noticeable when in dark rooms or reading text that is around the area. I don't think this is normal but I have thought that it may be just the backlight from the LED. I bought my iPad yesterday, so I can exchange it if this is a defect. Thank you!

2. Starwars5000

Starwars5000
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Is your iPad a white model? If so, I have heard the white ones have potential screen bleeding issues. Screen bleeding is where the LED backlighting lights one part of the screen more than another. I could be wrong, though, I reccomend taking a trip to the apple store. If its only a day old, it obviously is under warranty.

Hope this helped.

3. jtc276

jtc276
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    No it's a black model. I'm really unlucky with devices, so anything can happen. So is iPad backlight bleed blue? I'm used to the the backlight bleed on Android devices, which is generally yellow or blackish. I bought my iPad at Walmart, so I'll probably just do an exchange there.

4. Starwars5000

Starwars5000
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm honestly not sure what the color is for the bleeding. I reccomend just replacing it under warranty. I apologize for not knowing this little fact, I've only read about it and haven't witnessed it first hand. It could just be a bad display, or maybe it was dropped before being stocked, which could potentially damage the LCD.

Hope this helped.

5. jtc276

jtc276
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, maybe. You've been very helpful. I was thinking that maybe the blue was just due to the type of LED lighting used for the display, but you've made it clear that that isn't so. I'll be exchanging it as soon as my Walmart restocks. I checked today and they were out of the model I have.

6. Starwars5000

Starwars5000
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Happy I could help! :)

I hope you get your replacement iPad soon!

7. The OB

The OB
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh come on guys. Seriously? Do you really think that the colour of the plastic edging around your iPads is going to affect or produce any kind of light bleeding near those edges. The mind boggles to think what would happen if your iPads had red surrounds! Sheesh.

With respect, may I suggest you stop worrying about all this light bleeding, stop reading about all those anally retentive articles that all feed upon themselves about bleeding edges (noticeable only when you turn the lights off at night) and just concentrate on enjoying your iPads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Starwars5000

Starwars5000
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    While I understand what you mean, it is not normal. These blue lines are not meant to be there. I realize that this is not a huge proble
    m, he should be able to enjoy his new Retina Display to the fullest. And about the color of the ipad affecting screen bleeding was just something I'd read and thought I may throw out there.

#8 Starwars5000, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
  9. Starwars5000

Starwars5000
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Sorry about that last post.... The QOUTE got messed up and I can't fix it for some reason...

10. Gabriel1

Gabriel1
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Fixed, hopefully it is ok now?

The Archangel