What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Features in iOS7 Shown Off in new iPhone 5C ad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score

The big news today is that Apple officially launched iOS7 and made it available for download. We found a really cool video which shows off some of the most prominent features of Apple's new iOS7. It's using the iPhone 5C instead of an iPad, but either way it's a great example of what you can expect to see if you buy a new iDevice, or if you download iOS7 for your current device.

Apple is calling the ad, “Designed Together.” It is meant to express the purposeful and seamless connection between the new iPhone 5c and its colorful new operating system. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nobby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to view a couple of video's via iPad forum about the new iOs7 operating system just to see if the hype was worth it and if I needed to download it. It seems I can't view these video's unless I upgrade to the new operating system. It kinda pissed me off, am I
Over reacting? I actually watched the PC v Mac commercials but none of the others worked. It said the browser I was using (Safari) didn't support many formats of video used here. Stephen Clarke, iPad 3 , Florida.

Sfussner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't do it! At least not for the iPad, don't know about the iPhone. On the iPad, it completely changes Safari, and not for the better, something that didn't need changing! Also, I have new iOS, I can't play video either, just wanted to see what it showed out of curiosity.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't do it! At least not for the iPad, don't know about the iPhone. On the iPad, it completely changes Safari, and not for the better, something that didn't need changing! Also, I have new iOS, I can't play video either, just wanted to see what it showed out of curiosity.

Its almost the same design on iPhone. And yes, some features of some apps no longer function.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
completely agree with the comment about spoiling Safari in IOS7. I also think the flat, washed out icons are terrible. In fact many of my apps that have been configured for 7 look much worse than the 6 versions, with very little increase in performance or additional options. All in al 7 is a washout - but now I'll have to live with it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

dpatchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS7

I made the mistake of upgrading, on my iPhone and iPad. I do not like this upgrade, my folders are all different, and I would like the old one back please

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I made the mistake of upgrading, on my iPhone and iPad. I do not like this upgrade, my folders are all different, and I would like the old one back please
I really don't think that's possible unless you backed up before update, then you may be able to restore your iPhone/iPad using iTunes. But do investigate before you go down this psth.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Sfussner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Huh, there's an idea, I did do an iCloud backup just before I did the upgrade. Who/where do you suppose we should check? I'm willing to try that before I go back to an HP/Windows device. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Huh, there's an idea, I did do an iCloud backup just before I did the upgrade. Who/where do you suppose we should check? I'm willing to try that before I go back to an HP/Windows device. Thanks for the suggestion.
i know backup saves apps, data etc. Not sure if it saves the IOS. Hence my warning. Try querying on the Internet for anyhelpon this.

Sent from my iPad using iPF 2

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the signing window for iOS 6.1.3 closed yesterday afternoon. It is no longer possible to downgrade from iOS 7.0.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the signing window for iOS 6.1.3 closed yesterday afternoon. It is no longer possible to downgrade from iOS 7.0.
not even by restoring from a 6.1.3 backup ?

Sent from my iPad using iPF 2

jeanaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I went with IOS7

Wow, after all the hype I thought I should jump on the bandwagon. I did, both on my iPhone and iPad. The download was painless, contrary to many others who were not as fortunate. I don't like what the new OS has done to my apps, and the fact that I had to get rid of many of my apps to make room for the download!! There is no improvement IMO.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope, sorry. There is no way to go down from iOS 7. Your backup only contains settings and data; the actual iOS is separate. Marilyn
for a description of backward restore see the following link. In certain cases it is possible. Follow the penguin link from that page, tap or click the device you want to downgrade. The green tick will indicate the minimum IOS that you can load. http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipad-iphone/news/?newsid=3469837&pagtype=allchandate

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
for a description of backward restore see the following link. In certain cases it is possible. Follow the penguin link from that page, tap or click the device you want to downgrade. The green tick will indicate the minimum IOS that you can load. http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipad-iphone/news/?newsid=3469837&pagtype=allchandate Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
Those instructions only work if Apple is still signing the iOS version you want to downgrade to. Once Apple stops signing an iOS version, it' son longer possible to downgrade to it. The instructions you linked to were posted yesterday, when Apple was still signing iOS 6.1.3.

Most reactions

Latest posts