What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Features in iOS7 Shown Off in new iPhone 5C ad

PamBee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re Upgrade

Being vision impaired, it's taken me quite a while to use my iPad, but I was finally going well with help from this forum.

Then the upgrade came along - what a disaster! (for me, anyway) changed, paler harder-to-see/recognise icons, Safari seems clunky to use (Eventually managed to find the search window.)

Other things have changed or ca't be used.
Why change something that works? Is there really no way to revert? If I choose not to upgrade in the future, will my iPad still function well?
Thanks for allowing me to rant!

dpatchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My feeling is that the apps, and even things like safari, look like kindergarten apps. It does not look as professional as they did and certainly are not as user friendly. It is washed out, and not as readable.

Nobby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I chose to ignore advice and upgraded to 7, yup, I know, dumb as a hoe handle. I didn't think I would regret it as much as I do. A Samsung tablet is looking very inviting at the moment. Apart from some apps crashing constantly (the mail app is the biggest culprit) is seem like a 12 year old designed everything. If it wasn't for the cost of this iPad it would be donated to a charity as I write. But, I am willing (I actually have no choice) in giving it a month to get its act together.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I chose to ignore advice and upgraded to 7, yup, I know, dumb as a hoe handle. I didn't think I would regret it as much as I do. A Samsung tablet is looking very inviting at the moment. Apart from some apps crashing constantly (the mail app is the biggest culprit) is seem like a 12 year old designed everything. If it wasn't for the cost of this iPad it would be donated to a charity as I write. But, I am willing (I actually have no choice) in giving it a month to get its act together.
keep with it. The new IOS grows on you. At first I didn't like it, but now am quite a fan. Never had crashes or freezes, but some apparent faults can be corrected by a hard re-set. To do this press and hold down the Wake/Sleep and the Home buttons simultaneously, ignore the red slide "to power off", just keep pressing both buttons until the Apple logo appears. This logo is the signal that the hard reset has succeeded. Be patient, some times the hard restart of iPad may take rather longer than normal, but be patient. Hope this encourages and helps you.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Nobby21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I am sticking with it, thanks for the hard reset tip. Up to now its been a brilliant machine. Fingers crossed all will be good.

Most reactions

Latest posts