What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My London trip

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm at the airport, waiting for my flight to Toronto. In Toronto, I transfer to a flight to St John's Newfoundland, where I catch my flight to London Heathrow.

The total traveling time will be about 13 1/2 hours, arriving in London tomorrow at 06:30 local time. It's going to be a very long day.

Further updates later.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you'll have a pleasant flight (pleasant flights).

So you're travelling towards sunrise. :)
Do you intend to take the Underground to get to your hotel in London?

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a great time Sci...enjoy your trip to London. So jealous!!

Skimonkey ~

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you'll have a pleasant flight (pleasant flights).

So you're travelling towards sunrise. :)
Do you intend to take the Underground to get to your hotel in London?
Yes, I plan to use the Tube and DLR for the whole trip from the airport to my hotel. The closest station is about a 100 metres from my hotel. The trip should take around an hour and a half.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you going for work or pleasure?

Regardless, have a great time there. I love London; it's one of my favorite cities.

Safe travels.

Marilyn

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you going for work or pleasure?

Regardless, have a great time there. I love London; it's one of my favorite cities.

Safe travels.

Marilyn
I'm going for the World Science Fiction Convention as well as to tour London before and after the convention.

Currently I'm in the departure lounge at Pearson Airport in Toronto, waiting for a connecting flight to St John's Newfoundland.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My flight from Toronto landed a few minutes ago at St John's, Newfoundland and I'm waiting in the departure lounge for my flight to London, which takes off in 45 minutes.

BTW, it's the same plane I arrived on, cleaned and refueled.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My flight from Toronto landed a few minutes ago at St John's, Newfoundland and I'm waiting in the departure lounge for my flight to London, which takes off in 45 minutes.

BTW, it's the same plane I arrived on, cleaned and refueled.

Hi Scifan.. - hope that you have a safe and enjoyable trip to London - Susan & I have been there 3 times - last two trips (vacations) we stayed at the May Fair Hotel (short distance to the wonderful Berkeley Square & the Green Tube station) - hope that all goes well! Dave :)

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Scifan.. - hope that you have a safe and enjoyable trip to London - Susan & I have been there 3 times - last two trips (vacations) we stayed at the May Fair Hotel (short distance to the wonderful Berkeley Square & the Green Tube station) - hope that all goes well! Dave :)
Thanks, Dave.

I've just arrived in London and am currently riding the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station where I'll catch the Tube and DLR to my hotel.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Judith and I used the Tube (Piccadilly Line). That might have been too inconvenient for you, I suppose.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Judith and I used the Tube (Piccadilly Line). That might have been too inconvenient for you, I suppose.
The Piccadilly line was't too inconvenient, the Heathrow Express was just 3 times faster.

I've been to my hotel and right now, I'm checking out the ExCeL centre, where the World Science Fiction Convention will take place.

Both the ExCeL and my hotel are located on the north side of the Royal Victoria Dock, just across the Thames from the O2 Arena.

Most reactions

Latest posts