What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Losing charge

casel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi once again,,,,when I open my iPad and start up I look and see that my charge has gone down. It's as if an app has been using it while it's been off.
Is there any way to find that out or do something to make sure that does not happen...? Please.
Len

hoben02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well in ios 9 under settings>battery it shows the apps battery usage. I use an app called sys-activity for general monitoring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

casel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and sys-activity looked pretty good but I have no idea what all the numbers that's going up and down mean. And where it says running apps, it says two at the bottom of the screen but there is nothing showing.
I have looked to find some help on how to use the app but can't find any.
So I still don't know how to see what's running and how to turn it off,
Anyway thank you again at least you tried and that's the main thing.
Len

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and sys-activity looked pretty good but I have no idea what all the numbers that's going up and down mean. And where it says running apps, it says two at the bottom of the screen but there is nothing showing.
I have looked to find some help on how to use the app but can't find any.
So I still don't know how to see what's running and how to turn it off,
Anyway thank you again at least you tried and that's the main thing.
Len
If you go to Settings>Battery and look at the list of which apps have been using battery power, you'll see a notation for the ones which are running in the background. You can then go to Settings>General>Background App Refresh and turn those apps off to see if that makes a difference in battery life when your iPad is asleep.

OP
C

casel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, I understand it a bit better now and I also read the link to the rules etc but I thought I would tell you that the link to the apple iPad manual download does not work and would be grateful if you knew another one please.?
Len

Most reactions

Latest posts