What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad turns itself o

casel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,,,,,can someone help please? ,,when I turn off my iPad and put it down for a while, I come back to it later and when I open the iPad case I find that it is already on.
I bought a nice padded case for it to protect it , but as I said it seems to come on when I shut the lid and uses up the battery.
So what I want to know is please , is there a way to stop it starting up itself?.
Thanks
Len

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi all,,,,,can someone help please? ,,when I turn off my iPad and put it down for a while, I come back to it later and when I open the iPad case I find that it is already on.
I bought a nice padded case for it to protect it , but as I said it seems to come on when I shut the lid and uses up the battery.
So what I want to know is please , is there a way to stop it starting up itself?.

Hi Len - can you describe the brand/model of the case (and possibly a link) - if you are having the problem described, then others may want to avoid a similar purchase. If the case is like the 'Smart Cover' which I use on my iPad, there is no need to 'turn off' the iPad, when the cover is closed the iPad is put to sleep and then awakens on opening the cover - does you case have this feature?

Finally, relative to 'uses up the battery' - have you actually noticed a dramatic reduction in the battery charge percentage, e.g. closed the cover w/ the battery at 75% and on opening a reduction to say 50% or less - just not sure why a cover should turn your device on, especially if you used the ON-OFF button to power down? Dave :)

OP
C

casel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies,,, the cover itself is like a padded leather jacket that the iPad slips inside and the flap folds over. I bought it from tesco for about £15.
I went into settings and turned off that which you suggested and I am thinking that was indeed the problem.
Thanks
Len

Most reactions

Latest posts