What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery charging issue

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Verndog said:
Does anyone know if you can charge the iphone with the ipad 10w charger without causing possible damage to the iphone? I have a 3G model.

It won't harm your iPhone if you use the iPad charger. The phone's built in charging circuitry will prevent any overcharging problems.

CoreDump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read that the New Ipad battery display shows 100% when the tablet is actually only 90% charged, after 5 1/2 hours. The Ipad takes another hour or so to make it to a full charge. This gives you extra time on your Ipad. So it appears Apple is fudging the battery indicator so you think it's fully charged at 5 1/2 hours. Seems a bit dishonest.

What's up with that??

**bump ** Any comments?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have read that the New Ipad battery display shows 100% when the tablet is actually only 90% charged, after 5 1/2 hours. The Ipad takes another hour or so to make it to a full charge. This gives you extra time on your Ipad. So it appears Apple is fudging the battery indicator so you think it's fully charged at 5 1/2 hours. Seems a bit dishonest.

What's up with that??

**bump ** Any comments?

Have a look at this article: http://www.computerworld.com/s/arti...recise_iPad_battery_meter_says_it_s_by_design

It states that Apple has said this is by design. In other words, nothing to worry about....

Marilyn

brooming

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It won't harm your iPhone if you use the iPad charger. The phone's built in charging circuitry will prevent any overcharging problems.
Another point of view is that it will harm iPhone battery as iPad charger is 2.1 A and iPhone's only 1 A... I wouldn't take that risk, honestly.

Most reactions

Latest posts