1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Can't charge while using iPad

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Kare4k9, May 3, 2014.

1. Kare4k9

Kare4k9 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi! I have never had any problems charging my iPad,but now it will only charge when shut off. When I turn it on,it either says "not charging" or when I unplug it then plug it in again while it's on,the power bar is green,but the % slowly decreases as I use it. I have rebooted it numerous times with no change. Has anyone else had this problem? I saw another post about charging problems,but I don't know if his still charged while shut off as mine does,or not at all. I'm glad I can,at least charge it when not in use,but the battery runs out and it's frustrating. I have the original Apple charger but have switched out the cord a few times with no change. Any help would surely be appreciated! Thanks!
  2. abababababab

abababababab iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +655 / 0
    If you have any other iDevice, you could try and use the charger there to see whether its a problem with the charger or the device. Usually, "not charging" is shown quite a few times when the iPad is connected through USB to a PC.