What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't charge while using iPad

Kare4k9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I have never had any problems charging my iPad,but now it will only charge when shut off. When I turn it on,it either says "not charging" or when I unplug it then plug it in again while it's on,the power bar is green,but the % slowly decreases as I use it. I have rebooted it numerous times with no change. Has anyone else had this problem? I saw another post about charging problems,but I don't know if his still charged while shut off as mine does,or not at all. I'm glad I can,at least charge it when not in use,but the battery runs out and it's frustrating. I have the original Apple charger but have switched out the cord a few times with no change. Any help would surely be appreciated! Thanks!

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have any other iDevice, you could try and use the charger there to see whether its a problem with the charger or the device. Usually, "not charging" is shown quite a few times when the iPad is connected through USB to a PC.

Most reactions

Latest posts