What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken iPad 2 won't restore to 6.0.1

dkyla001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey There!
So I am trying to restore and update my iPad 2 to 6.0.1 but I am having all sorts of issues. I have followed the failsafe method to restore but it has not helped. I can not download the update directly on my iPad nor can I download it on my computer as it is saying my iPad is not compatible with the current build or there was an error in downloading. I have tried downloading the proper restore ispw and I have downloaded tiny umbrella and I can not uncheck the box that reads set host to cyida on exit. I'm not sure what to do and I am highly frustrated. I hope someone can help! I have a macbook and I have all my software and iTunes up to date.

Thanks!
Kyla

subscription01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One way is to put your device is in DFU mode and then try to restore it first to the previous non jailbroken iOS and when thats done, you will be able to update from the restored iOS to the latest version

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am assuming you have tried to restore to the current firmware the "regular" way - hooking it up to iTunes and pressing restore?

In using the Failsafe Tutorial (here: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html), you got an error downloading the software from the forum (the link was in the tutorial). What browser were you using to to the downloading and (apologies for asking) did you download the correct iOS 6.0.1 version for your version of iPad?

Try the IPSW download again and, if it errors, make note of the exact error message. Hopefully, we'll be able to tell what's going on.

Oh, and the over-the-air update won't work on a jail broken iPad - so please don't try that. :)

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi dropdeadkyla, if you are getting the error messages you mention, then you are not following the failsafe tutorial properly. Several steps in that tutorial are designed to specifically avoid those errors. It sounds like you have your hosts file pointing towards Cydia, which Step 2 is supposed to resolve. If you don't point back to Apple you will get the "device is not eligible..." error.

Also, if you are getting a download error trying to get the firmware, that is a problem with your PC or broadband connection. Give it another go, carefully following the steps, and let us know how you get on. The tutorial steps have been formulated over many years and are known to work 100% of the time, provided there is not a hardware error on the iPad or another problem with the PC.

paulsteigel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear All,
I have the same issue. Just done jailbreak with Evasion on 8 Feb 2013 on my Ipad 2 3G wifi. I installed SBSettings and did some turning on SBSettilng configration as well as changing of status bar things. However, after restarting, my Ipad 2 locked at activating screen, can not go anywhere or activate any apps. No matter how I tried, my Ipad 2 did not activated (It said, can not find the server..). I can still used SBSettings with More functions to access my Ipad but only previouosly installed application icon appear and I can not access any application at all.
I tried to download IOS 6.0 and 6.0.1 and tried to recover using itune (newest one) in DFU mode but 3194 error poped up. I thought Apple does not allow jailbroken device to turn back to 6.01 or 6.0.
Please keep me be explained or give me a hand with this. I am now trying to download 6.1 with a hope that it can be restored.
Thank you in advance for your helps.
Dang Dinh Ngoc

Bula.bula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try rebooting iPad(holding power and home button until you see the Apple logo, then release) as soon as you see the logo press and hold the UP volume key until you return to the home page, welcome to SafeMode. Now check to see if your iPad if functioning normally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts