What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Trying to restore my jailbroken iPad 4

xatroya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im in the process of buying an ipad 4 from a friend. However in doing so, i want to restore it to factory settings from his jailbreak. It seems as though its not working with ANY methods ive tried. Currently it has iOS 6.0.1 on it, so when trying to restore it from itunes, it requires the update. Each of the 100000 times ive tried to do this.. I get the error message "The software for the ipad was corrupted during download."

On top of that, the iPad is stuck in "Safe Mode" with no access to cydia at all. the cydia program was deleted i guess and I havent the slightest clue how to modify anything at all within it. I just know it wont update, wont restore and im **** out of luck. Please, please im open to all troubleshooting and help

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
X

xatroya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I troubleshooted through that whole forum post last night. No luck at all with any of the methods it offered :/

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you cannot restore any version of iOS to that iPad 4 other than iOS 7.1.1. And, that version is not jail breakable, sorry.

Only thing you can do is connect the iPad to iTunes, click on the Restore button and wait for iTunes to upgrade it to iOS 7.1.1.

Then, I'm afraid you'll have to wait and hope a jail break for iOS 8.x comes soon after it's release. Sorry.

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ultimately I do not want it jail broken. I just want it restored

If you want it restored and did not get it to do so by following Johanna's link, then you're doing something wrong. I'd be mindful of the DFU step in particular as 9 out of 10 users have issues with that step since it comes down to timing. Try it again, and note the specific error numbers and message that comes up.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

OP
X

xatroya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont know if something is seriously wrong with this, or if im having an off day and being 100% computer/technology illiterate.. Is anyone, able/willing to possibly do a walkthrough for a few minutes via skype? if so feel free to add mine, [Moderator edit: Removed personal info - please use PM system for exchanging personal info. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts