What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak 3.2.1 iPad With JailbreakME

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To get it working, i had to clear the cache everything else in safari, restart the ipad, then go to jailbreakme.com and slide it.

G33K4Life

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreakme . com rebooting my iPad 3.2.1

I have a 64GB 3G version 3.2.1 that I am not able to jailbreak using the JailBreakMe website. When I slide to JB, it reboots my iPad. I have cleared all cookies, cache and histories and closed all pages in safari and it still won't work. I have seen in the forum that the JB is not working on 3G models. Can anyone confirm that they have JB'd with a 3G model? Any suggestions?

IAmThereforeiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its working for my ipad too, took a long time to download but its perfect now.

Would you mind sharing your process?

Visit the site, update iTunes, reinstall apps?
Update iTunes, sync iPad, visit website?

Already jb and do not want to break things...

Thanks.

I have an iPad 3.2.1 and performed it last night. I had a few hiccups, but the retried and do overs did the trick.

I documented it in an iPad 3.2.1 Walkthrough Guide at bit dot ly forwardslash cXLith

I am Therefore iPad: Jailbreak iPad 3.2.1 Walkthrough Guide

I also walked my brother through it over the phone and he Jailbroke his iPhone 4.0.1. I will have him test MMS and Facetime issues.

I can't post links yet so you an visit my site and post the link if you like.
Carl W. Brooks

Ssmithri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its working for my ipad too, took a long time to download but its perfect now.

Would you mind sharing your process?

Visit the site, update iTunes, reinstall apps?
Update iTunes, sync iPad, visit website?

Already jb and do not want to break things...

Thanks.

I have an iPad 3.2.1 and performed it last night. I had a few hiccups, but the retried and do overs did the trick.

I documented it in an iPad 3.2.1 Walkthrough Guide at bit dot ly forwardslash cXLith

I am Therefore iPad: Jailbreak iPad 3.2.1 Walkthrough Guide

I also walked my brother through it over the phone and he Jailbroke his iPhone 4.0.1. I will have him test MMS and Facetime issues.

I can't post links yet so you an visit my site and post the link if you like.
Carl W. Brooks

Nice guide... however, I still have no idea how this needs to happen.

Do I upgrade iTunes to 3.2.1 after I do the jailbreak on the device or after? Will I have to restore using itunes after I jailbreak? Any idea what the exact steps should be?

Thanks...

Ken Esq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not working on my 32GB/3G iPad either. I've tried several times. As soon as I move the slider over on the jailbreakme website my ipad reboots.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Nice guide... however, I still have no idea how this needs to happen.

Do I upgrade iTunes to 3.2.1 after I do the jailbreak on the device or after? Will I have to restore using itunes after I jailbreak? Any idea what the exact steps should be?

Thanks...

You must upgrade via itunes to desired version of iOS (3.2.1) if your already jailbroken this will wipe out all of your jailbroken apps.

once your upgraded to 3.2.1, go to the jailbreakme.com website and it will jailbreak the device.

@@@Note@@@ Currently the website doesnt jailbreak 3G ipads, so if you have a 3G ipad just be patient.

blopez3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
weird line on reboot screen

does anybody have a strange, multi colored line that covers the middle third of the screen on the right side during reboot? i used comex's jailbreak last night, 16 gb wifi model. jailbreak seems to have worked fine, theres just this weird line now

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
does anybody have a strange, multi colored line that covers the middle third of the screen on the right side during reboot? i used comex's jailbreak last night, 16 gb wifi model. jailbreak seems to have worked fine, theres just this weird line now

can you post a screen shot?

blopez3

iPF Noob
Reaction score

can you post a screen shot?

i dont think you can take a screenshot while the ipad is rebooting, the line is only there while the apple logo is showing and the spinner is going through the boot process. once the ipad is fully booted the line goes away.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Oh, the glitch on the boot screen is normal. That is the jailbreak doing its thing durring boot up. the kernel shellcode jailbreakme uses (temporarily stored on the framebuffer)

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, this seems to be a no-brainer install. However I can't seem to find backgrounder in the default list of applications. Does it have a separate source location? This is the main reason for Jailbreak for me.

mohamedraif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 64GB 3G version 3.2.1 that I am not able to jailbreak using the JailBreakMe website. When I slide to JB, it reboots my iPad. I have cleared all cookies, cache and histories and closed all pages in safari and it still won't work. I have seen in the forum that the JB is not working on 3G models. Can anyone confirm that they have JB'd with a 3G model? Any suggestions?
It worked on my iPad 3G 64GB. However it took 30 - 45 minutes of deleting cookies, cache, rebooting and trying again. I was using jailbreakme.modmyi.com

ncus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it working. Thanks guys for mentioning clearing cache, histories, and cookies. I cleared everything, now iPad is in process of jailbreaking.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, this seems to be a no-brainer install. However I can't seem to find backgrounder in the default list of applications. Does it have a separate source location? This is the main reason for Jailbreak for me.

Ehh..I found it. It is under Sections > System

Search is not the greatest as did not locate it by name.

EDIT: Awesome app. I can now keep LogMeIn running in the background and get to a browser.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts