What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak 3.2.1 iPad With JailbreakME

Jarola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works! Thanks for the heads up. Now what are best apps for iPad on cydia?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
sweet

this is great, they found another flaw in safari. make sure and backup your shsh's for 3.2.1, apple will surely move quick to put out a new updated firmware to patch this.

Balibe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I read at appadvice.com, its a loop hole in the Adobe PDF format.

There is also a mirror site at jailbreakme.modmyi.com

Last edited:

benst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I tried it on my 32G 3G with 3.2.1, Safari just exits immediately and causes the iPad to reboot instead of downloading and "installing" the jailbreak.

Sadness.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, so now how do I upgrade from my Spirit jailbroken iOS 3.2 iPad to iOS 3.2.1, jailbreak iOS 3.2.1, and then restore all of my applications and content through a backup? Is that possible?

Do i just upgrade to iOS 3.2.1 and then jailbreak it and then connect to itunes and restore from backup?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
its not seeming to work on my ipad.

Its just crashing and rebooting.

Engadget updated their post with:

Comex reports that iPads running iOS 3.2.1 aren't presently working properly, and that MMS problems after jailbreak are a known issue.

Yep, I saw that.

To the poster before, just hold off for now.
If you do want to try it out, just update to 3.2.1 in itunes then jailbreak. all jailbreak apps will have to be reinstalled.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its not seeming to work on my ipad.

Its just crashing and rebooting.

Engadget updated their post with:

Comex reports that iPads running iOS 3.2.1 aren't presently working properly, and that MMS problems after jailbreak are a known issue.

Yep, I saw that.

To the poster before, just hold off for now.
If you do want to try it out, just update to 3.2.1 in itunes then jailbreak. all jailbreak apps will have to be reinstalled.

Can you not restore a previous backup from when it was jailbroken with 3.2? Damn I don't feel like reinstalling everything again.

mkrowkis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is great! I got my iPad from eBay last thursday. It had FW 3.2 and I messed up after JB it forcing me to restore to FW 3.2.1 because i wasn't aware of backing up the SHSH whatever. (Look for my post on another thread). I was hoping for a JB of 3.2.1 soon and here it is!

I just got done JB my iPad 3.2.1 and it was as easy as visiting the website and agreeing to the terms. Cydia was put on the iPad desktop and fired right up :)

Now for future reference... how do i go about backing this FW up?

Ssmithri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its working for my ipad too, took a long time to download but its perfect now.

Would you mind sharing your process?

Visit the site, update iTunes, reinstall apps?
Update iTunes, sync iPad, visit website?

Already jb and do not want to break things...

Thanks.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its working for my ipad too, took a long time to download but its perfect now.

Would you mind sharing your process?

Visit the site, update iTunes, reinstall apps?
Update iTunes, sync iPad, visit website?

Already jb and do not want to break things...

Thanks.

I am looking for the same thing. Want to know what the most effortless method is of taking my already jailbroken iPad, updating to 3.2.1 and re-jailbreaking it and getting it restored again is.

Do you HAVE to re-install everything over again, or can you just restore a previous backup through itunes after updating and re-jailbreaking?

OP
Timmah

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dang, just when I find something good. :/ It doesn't work well. LOL
But it worked for me, so I'm confused why all of a sudden it isn't working. It must be a server overload and downloads not coming in right. :/

Most reactions

Latest posts