What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S & iPad 2 Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak DELAYED! Help The Dev Team NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Today Chronic Dev Team, the ones responsible for the upcoming iOS 5 UNTETHERED Jailbreak have delayed the release further. Apple seems to have one of their exploit which they have been working on to bring the Jailbreak and patched it. This means that the process has to be started all over again and will take some time. The Dev Team announced that they have a few tricks under their sleeves left as well as some other exploit being patched, this isn't the first time.

You can help the Dev Team bring you a new Jailbreak by sending them your crash reports. It's really simple and doesn't effect you really in any way. Normally, your crash reports are sent to Apple's servers to "help them". Part of what this does is help Apple find this holes or exploits. So instead of feeding the dragon, fight it by send your crash reports and one might even contain the golden ticket.

Download CDevReporter Here:
Mac:
http://cache.greenpois0n.com/dl/cdev_reporter-mac-1.0_beta.zip
Windows:
http://cache.greenpois0n.com/dl/cdev_reporter-win-1.0_beta.zip

Read the entire post here:
Weapons of Mass Exploitation | greenpois0n.com

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
What a great idea! Anyone on iOS 5 could be helping themselves and others to a jailbreak by reading the Weapons of Mass Exploitation attachment.
Let's hope this is the first step towards a new Jailbreak. Such a shame that all the previous hard work has just been quashed! Good luck guys.

tybak4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just let it go. iOS 5 is great the way it is. There aren't many things now that apple hasn't put into iOS 5 for us!

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Things I want that iOS 5 doesn't do:

1. The ability to change icons and icon names

2. Tweaks like iconoclasm, infinidock, folder enhancer, shrink...it's MY device I should be the one to determine what I want it to look like

3. Tweaks like Photoalbums+, to fix things like the photos app that Apple really dropped the ball with

4. Adblocker for Safari

I could go on and on, the point being who are you or Apple to say that my device is fine the way it is...I paid for MY device, it should work and look how I want it to.

tybak4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then design and make your own. There will never be a device for you that does it all. Not even a jail broken one. Your list of wants won't ever be complete from anyone. Sorry. Just a fact. I'm not telling you that you can't have it the way you want. Just that you'll never see a device that gives you everything you want.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A jailbroken iPad fulfills all those wants and needs, the point is why should I be told what I can and can't put on my device?

tybak4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because you don't own the operating system. It's Apples. Maybe a sluggish, memory stealing (got to have a task killer to solve that problem), problematic, glitchy, low quality, staggering, randomly opening apps you don't want to use, android device would suit your needs. I hear you can make lots of custom changes to them. Just a suggestion!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, now, let's remember that this thread is not about the rights or wrongs of jail braking. If you want to discuss something OT then you'll need to start a new thread.

If you don't like, or have no interest in, Jail breaking please do not post in this thread.

The Archangel

exofire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually there are 2 untethered jailbreaks that are imminent. They will also very likely work with the A5 chip, but definitely with everything else. As for not owning the Operating system... Well it appears that Apple doesn't own part of it either! It didn't stop them selling 4 million iPhone 4s in 3 days. Or selling over 18 Billion apps that use the copyright infringing operating system. They didn't even own the copyright for "IOS" but still went ahead and used it...

I would expect an untethered jailbreak by the weekend ;)

exofire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In fact, head on over to [Moderator edit: Removed link to fake jail break web site. Please, don't post links like this. Thanks.] right now :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited by a moderator:

exofire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, looks fake to me too. There is an app that downloads though and it includes the ipad2 as a choice. I still say by the end of the week.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts