What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 Replacement screen (SIngapore)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ceiling type bedroom lamp fell on top of my ipad2 and broke the glass.
How did your broken glass case settled in singapore? I will be traveling to singapore to get it fix soon, but knowing your case was 70+% the value
I will be quite pesimistic with the solution offered too.

From reading the post, the case was settled satisfactorily after the OP persevered. Initially the OP's request was refused but, after trying again, a replacement was approved. It was the initial response that the OP was unhappy with, not the final outcome.

Tim

anthonygavin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the case you mentioned was the ipod with jack issues. I was wondering about the broken glass ipad 2 with the service center at Singapore.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the case you mentioned was the ipod with jack issues. I was wondering about the broken glass ipad 2 with the service center at Singapore.

We have had Members from all the world who have had iPads with broken screens replaced as a 'courtesy measure' by Apple on a 'one time only' basis. They have no obligation to do this and it's not officially acknowledged and many shop personnel seem unaware of the practice. But, so far, we've not received a single report from a Member who has a broken screen that was not replaced - even when the breakage was in no way due to Apple, as in your case.

Tim

anthonygavin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, I will print out some of the conversation which had happened in this forum as proof to the customer service in Singapore.
Just in case, they are rejecting the 'one time' free replacement. Thank you.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, I will print out some of the conversation which had happened in this forum as proof to the customer service in Singapore.

Please remember that iPad Forum is not affiliated in any way with Apple, so nothing that is said here in any way represents official or unofficial Apple policy. Apple appear to be doing this as a courtesy measure but they are under no obligation whatsoever to do so. My comments merely reflect the experience of our Members who have posted here. My advice would be to adopt a very very low profile approach, be humble, polite and considerate. You have no right to 'demand' a replacement so the polite approach is your best chance.

Tim

rickcowey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Broken Screen

Just to let everyone know, Singapore Apple Service is not very good.

My 8 year old son dropped his Ipad1 and shattered the screen, still works though.

Rang the Apple Singapore number and was told to contact a reseller and discuss with them.

They gave me E-serve as a contact they listened and quoted $680 for a replacement. I can buy a brand new Ipad1 for less!!!!

Not satisfied I rang Apple again and they said that that was the policy and nothing they could do.

In the end I found a local company and had the screen replaced for $100.

So if 3rd party companies can change the screen then why is it Apple cannot.

Another dissatisfied Apple Customer.

disappointed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi broken screen

can i know where u repair ur ipad 2. cos i have same situation with u. the apple store worker ask me to paid the full amount to replace new ipad 2.

anthonygavin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had same experience, they charge like brand new ipad. I even told them about the case in the US; they only said different policy in asia. Found a 3rd party to replace the screen at:
Call us Today for iPad Repair Enquiries! Tel: (65) 6742-0877
Office Location: 42 Tannery Lane, Level 6 Singapore 347791
The charged administration fee at SGD $100 then the screen costs at SGD $400 which is way too expensive.
So i asked my friend to get it replaced at hongkong, it costs around SGD $125.​

lesfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Broke my 3 week old iPad2 screen yesterday, apple store in London replaced it for free this morning.

star_ipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I broke my ipad 2 screen and I think the LCD is affected too. can anyone tell me where to get the cheapest screen and LCD repair in Singapore?

star_ipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had same experience, they charge like brand new ipad. I even told them about the case in the US; they only said different policy in asia. Found a 3rd party to replace the screen at:
Call us Today for iPad Repair Enquiries! Tel: (65) 6742-0877
Office Location: 42 Tannery Lane, Level 6 Singapore 347791

The charged administration fee at SGD $100 then the screen costs at SGD $400 which is way too expensive.
So i asked my friend to get it replaced at hongkong, it costs around SGD $125.​

where did your friend get the repair for his ipad that cost SGD 125? can I have the contact details?

sgjob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am from Asia as well, I have read many cases posted around the net and from what it looks like... The people who got their screen replaced were from US/US and they dont really care to replace it if you are from Asia.

(P.s I do know that they are under no obligation
P.s.s Its just my POV)

Rainie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanna to ask which shop did u go for replacement? is it successful?

Most reactions

Latest posts