1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad w/ Carrier

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by komobu, Jan 4, 2013.

1. komobu

komobu iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi;

I am looking at buying a fefurbished ipad retina from the Apple Store. I am wanting the 32 gb wifi Verizon 4g model. I currently have unlimeted data on my verizon iphone, and dont want to switch to the shared data plan at this time, but may want to in the future. If I buy this ipad from the apple store, am I locked into anything from Verizon? I am hoping to just use it in the wifi mode mode for a while.
  2. buerkletucson

buerkletucson iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    You can use it in WiFi mode with issues.............but you are locked into Verizon when/if you decide to use the cellular functionality.
  3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    I was in the exact same situation with unlimited phone plan on VZW. I got the 4G iPad from Apple. Added it on my plan for a fee...could deactivate at any time...my phone plan was unaffected. If you choose a shared data plan, then you are forced to give up your unlimited phone plan. Since I am on wifi most of the time, except when I travel, the unlimited plan wasn't really doing me any good. And I don't watch vidoes on my phone anyway, so the unlimited was just for saying I had unlimited (for me, not anyone else). So I let it go so I could get data on my iPad, where I will actually use the data. Turns out, I'm paying pretty much the same thing but now have 6GB of shared data a month. But you don't have to worry with keeping your unlimited while having an iPad...whether activate it or not.