What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad w/ Carrier

komobu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi;

I am looking at buying a fefurbished ipad retina from the Apple Store. I am wanting the 32 gb wifi Verizon 4g model. I currently have unlimeted data on my verizon iphone, and dont want to switch to the shared data plan at this time, but may want to in the future. If I buy this ipad from the apple store, am I locked into anything from Verizon? I am hoping to just use it in the wifi mode mode for a while.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi;

I am looking at buying a fefurbished ipad retina from the Apple Store. I am wanting the 32 gb wifi Verizon 4g model. I currently have unlimeted data on my verizon iphone, and dont want to switch to the shared data plan at this time, but may want to in the future. If I buy this ipad from the apple store, am I locked into anything from Verizon? I am hoping to just use it in the wifi mode mode for a while.

You can use it in WiFi mode with issues.............but you are locked into Verizon when/if you decide to use the cellular functionality.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was in the exact same situation with unlimited phone plan on VZW. I got the 4G iPad from Apple. Added it on my plan for a fee...could deactivate at any time...my phone plan was unaffected. If you choose a shared data plan, then you are forced to give up your unlimited phone plan. Since I am on wifi most of the time, except when I travel, the unlimited plan wasn't really doing me any good. And I don't watch vidoes on my phone anyway, so the unlimited was just for saying I had unlimited (for me, not anyone else). So I let it go so I could get data on my iPad, where I will actually use the data. Turns out, I'm paying pretty much the same thing but now have 6GB of shared data a month. But you don't have to worry with keeping your unlimited while having an iPad...whether activate it or not.

Most reactions

Latest posts