What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad users Philippines

rah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
garlotha said:
i sync my ipad to my computer. Lost some pictures. And some games went back to lower levels.. :(

That's weird. I got two years worth of photos synced to my iPad, reset the device twice in its lifetime, but never lost pictures nor lost my saved games.

garlotha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there something wrong with my ipad? when im trying to use applications such as simsimi, facebook etc., sometimes, it will just go back to the main menu.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Garlotha--First, have you updated your ipad to the recent IOS 5.1? Your apps, may be shutting down due to compatibility issues with the recent update.

Also, have you tried the immediate fixes?

Have you tried to do the following?

Do the first 2 steps first. Save step 3 as a last resort.
1. Force the app to close?
2. Try to restart your iPad?
3. Try to do a soft reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes funky.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

Let us know if it does not help.

thrash_273

iPF Noob
Reaction score
musta mga tol. got my new ipad2 black 32 gb wi-fi under $400 last saturday and its helping me alot on schedules and powerpoints apps for school books. my daughter also loves her interactive books.=D also i now have a photo portfolio i can carry.=D

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
musta mga tol. got my new ipad2 black 32 gb wi-fi under $400 last saturday and its helping me alot on schedules and powerpoints apps for school books. my daughter also loves her interactive books.=D also i now have a photo portfolio i can carry.=D

Hello Thrash...Welcome to the Philippine Regional section of this forum!

That's awesome, that you just your new ipad2. I went back and forth between both colors--and chose the white one instead! I bought the 32 gb wifi, but bought it last year before the great deals now.

Are you creating Powerpoint apps for school assignments? I have not yet purchased the Keynote app, but am really thinking about it. Is that the app you have?

The books are wonderful for both adults and kids. Sure wish I had this when I was your daughter's age!!

Photos on the ipad are also the way to go--beautiful and instant. I sometimes load pictures to my dropbox from my PC to than have it on my ipad--such an awesome thing to have.

Thanks for sharing--

Skimonkey!!

garlotha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm reading books using ibooks2 using my ipad 2. It's good.. I don't need to carry large books with me. I wish I had this way back when I was studying..

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gar...wouldn't it have been nice to have our medical books on iBooks? I remember how thick and heavy my gross anatomy and evidence based research books were!! It would have been great to have back than!!

Did you get all your syncing issues sorted out?

MikeeW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum, but like the helpful and cooperative nature of the group. I am not an owner of an iPad, but plan to get one very soon. I have a MacBook Pro and iPod. I am in the Philippines and have made my Apple purchases in Cebu. I have had some reservations over the assistance provided by the staff when making these purchases and want to avoid future hassles.

COL Bris offered advice previously to me concerning my query. I just want to be clear.

I plan to get an iPad 2 for my child and for me to use as a sort of "test case". I am hopeful of getting a new iPad (iPad 3) after that, when they become available here.

My concerns have more to do with the setup process. The staff in the stores is not really aware of the process as they should be. Helpful, yes. But knowledgeable, no.

It still interests me why Apple wants me to indicate my physical location when I first start the Apple device (MacBook Pro and iPod the same). It is the second (or 3rd?) step in the setup process. Choose language and then location.

I am concerned this choice may affect my ability to use my iTunes account. I have one at present and it is a US-based account. I use gift cards to credit my account and have had no problems. I'd like it to stay that way.

What difference does it make which country I choose when I first set up my iPad?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum, but like the helpful and cooperative nature of the group. I am not an owner of an iPad, but plan to get one very soon. I have a MacBook Pro and iPod. I am in the Philippines and have made my Apple purchases in Cebu. I have had some reservations over the assistance provided by the staff when making these purchases and want to avoid future hassles.

COL Bris offered advice previously to me concerning my query. I just want to be clear.

I plan to get an iPad 2 for my child and for me to use as a sort of "test case". I am hopeful of getting a new iPad (iPad 3) after that, when they become available here.

My concerns have more to do with the setup process. The staff in the stores is not really aware of the process as they should be. Helpful, yes. But knowledgeable, no.

It still interests me why Apple wants me to indicate my physical location when I first start the Apple device (MacBook Pro and iPod the same). It is the second (or 3rd?) step in the setup process. Choose language and then location.

I am concerned this choice may affect my ability to use my iTunes account. I have one at present and it is a US-based account. I use gift cards to credit my account and have had no problems. I'd like it to stay that way.

What difference does it make which country I choose when I first set up my iPad?

Hi Mikee-Welcome to the Philippine sub forum!

Yes, you can still keep your US account active. The reason why it asks for country/region during setup so any app you purchase that require location can work successfully with your device. In addition, choosing the primary country will also change the language format if English is not the primary language spoken.

Regarding your question, I looked back at your previous posts as well as Col's response to you. You will need to set up your device with 2 itunes accounts. One for your local apps in the Philippines and another account for the U.S.

You can easily change from one country to the other by going to Settings/Store/Press your Apple ID/View Apple ID/Country, Region.

From there, you can select any country you have an itunes account. Once done, log back with your US account and password and it should work for you.

See this link from Apple to how to create a new itunes account, it will walk you through the steps: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

A
lso, have a look at a few of these threads as well:
http://www.ipadforums.net/international-ipad-users/3267-how-have-various-itunes-account.html
[URL="http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/30820-can-i-have-apple-store-accounts-two-countries.html"]http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/30820-can-i-have-apple-store-accounts-two-countries.html
[URL="http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/67017-apple-id-account-question-my-ipads.html"]http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/67017-apple-id-account-question-my-ipads.html

H
o[/URL]p[/URL]e this helps you.

MikeeW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Backatchya,

Thanks for the useful info and links. In fact, the link to the Apple support paper (ht2534) is totally cool. I have seen this info posted many times in different ways. I never thought it was something Apple provided. I had assumed what other people were posting was workarounds. Seems that our friends in Cupertino really do understand the inter nation nature of their target consumer.

I appreciate the simple explanation as to why I need to choose my country. I guess I have acquired a natural suspicion that there is this desire by Apple, Google, Yahoo, Facebook et al to acquire as much info about me as possible.

I think I will stick to what I know for now and use my existing Apple ID to setup the iPad. The way it is being explained here, I can create other Apple IDs another time and use those for additional iTunes accounts.

I want to be clear about the process to get apps for the iPad. If I use my MacBook to buy iPad apps, these iPad apps will remain on the MacBook. Then, using the iPad(s) I have, I can sync to the MacBook and the iPad apps will appear on the iPad (assuming I have set up my preferences for the sync).

So, if my MacBook has apps in two different iTunes accounts, I will have to sync the iPad(s) once for each iTunes account. If I buy iPhoto for iPad with one iTunes account (account A), I can sync this app to BOTH iPads. If I buy Angry birds for iPad with another iTunes account (account B), I can sync this app to BOTH iPads.

Makes too much sense. Sounds too easy. I am accustomed to the Microsoft way where I have to be an engineer to understand the process.

Again, I appreciate the useful links and advice.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Backatchya,

Thanks for the useful info and links. In fact, the link to the Apple support paper (ht2534) is totally cool. I have seen this info posted many times in different ways. I never thought it was something Apple provided. I had assumed what other people were posting was workarounds. Seems that our friends in Cupertino really do understand the inter nation nature of their target consumer.

I appreciate the simple explanation as to why I need to choose my country. I guess I have acquired a natural suspicion that there is this desire by Apple, Google, Yahoo, Facebook et al to acquire as much info about me as possible.

I think I will stick to what I know for now and use my existing Apple ID to setup the iPad. The way it is being explained here, I can create other Apple IDs another time and use those for additional iTunes accounts.

I want to be clear about the process to get apps for the iPad. If I use my MacBook to buy iPad apps, these iPad apps will remain on the MacBook. Then, using the iPad(s) I have, I can sync to the MacBook and the iPad apps will appear on the iPad (assuming I have set up my preferences for the sync).

So, if my MacBook has apps in two different iTunes accounts, I will have to sync the iPad(s) once for each iTunes account. If I buy iPhoto for iPad with one iTunes account (account A), I can sync this app to BOTH iPads. If I buy Angry birds for iPad with another iTunes account (account B), I can sync this app to BOTH iPads.

Makes too much sense. Sounds too easy. I am accustomed to the Microsoft way where I have to be an engineer to understand the process.

Again, I appreciate the useful links and advice.

Yes, happy to have helped you.

I think Apple really thought it put well for our international users!

Regarding your questions-yes, just remember which account you are using when you buy your apps. Just for further help, check for "app sharing."

boyth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi Skimonkey, i purchased the " no ads" apps for My Pad for fb. i made this via my credit card issued in jakarta and my store is in philippines. i was billed for .99usd but said apps did not reach me. what action i missed? thanks-boyth

sandisk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im a Pinoy but currently residing in Malaysia. Glad to have you guys :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi Skimonkey, i purchased the " no ads" apps for My Pad for fb. i made this via my credit card issued in jakarta and my store is in philippines. i was billed for .99usd but said apps did not reach me. what action i missed? thanks-boyth

So do you have 3 itunes accounts. In Jakarta, Philippines and the US? I believe that your app would be found in the US itunes account, if you purchased it with US currency. Check there by logging out and logging back in to your US account. Let's try that first, if not--give us a holler.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Im a Pinoy but currently residing in Malaysia. Glad to have you guys :)

HI there--Nice to see you here on the Philippine Forum! Welcome-we are happy that you have stopped by and hope to hear more from you as all of our other members!

Skimonkey
IPF Staff

Most reactions

Latest posts