What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad not backed-up in months.

Reaction score
Message says something like, "Cannot back up ipad. Not enough storage. Go to settings to manage storage." That isn't exactly right but it's close enough. What do I do to free up some space so the ipad 2 can be backed-up?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I assume you are connected to a computer with iTunes What this means is you have sufficient space on your computer hard drive to back up the iPad. One needs to remove any thing that is not needed on your hard drive until there is sufficient space. Hope that helps

The other option if icloud is used you need to purchase more space from apple

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're backing up to iCloud, you can also disable apps like Dropbox or others where you don't need a backup in Settings - iCloud - Storage & Backup - Manage Storage - name of your device - Show All Apps:
image.jpg

This will free some backup storage space, and you don't need to buy extra storage.

I've seen the message you described twice, and I'm backing up to iCloud. This was my solution to get backups again.

Most reactions

Latest posts