1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iCloud storage

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by jerseymaggie, Sep 30, 2012.

1. jerseymaggie

jerseymaggie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can someone explain something to me? Do I need to back up ALL of my apps to iCloud storage? I keep getting a message that my iPad & iPhone can't be backed up because I don't have enough storage space. I am considering changing some to no backup but not sure what long term effects that has. Do I need to purchase more storage? So confused.

Thanks,
    Maggie
  2. buerkletucson

buerkletucson iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    I backup to my computer.....better and cheaper than purchasing more storage from Apple.
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,994 / 1
    Only you can make the decision on what apps'd data needs to be protected. Just consider what the app stores, if anything, and whether having to start all over with that app is a problem or not.

I backup both in iCloud and on the computer. I have not needed more than the 5 GB of free data, but have purchased 10 GB more as future proofing. Besides, I used to pay $90 for 25 GB in MobileMe. $20 a year for 15 GB just feels too trivial to argue about.
  4. BocataDeChoped

BocataDeChoped iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I only backup documents to iCloud. Settings, apps and such always to to the computer.