What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud storage

jerseymaggie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone explain something to me? Do I need to back up ALL of my apps to iCloud storage? I keep getting a message that my iPad & iPhone can't be backed up because I don't have enough storage space. I am considering changing some to no backup but not sure what long term effects that has. Do I need to purchase more storage? So confused.

Thanks,
Maggie

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Only you can make the decision on what apps'd data needs to be protected. Just consider what the app stores, if anything, and whether having to start all over with that app is a problem or not.

I backup both in iCloud and on the computer. I have not needed more than the 5 GB of free data, but have purchased 10 GB more as future proofing. Besides, I used to pay $90 for 25 GB in MobileMe. $20 a year for 15 GB just feels too trivial to argue about.

BocataDeChoped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only backup documents to iCloud. Settings, apps and such always to to the computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts