What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you delete iBooks?

Reaction score
My sister's ipad 2 storage is full and she needs to free-up some space. There is nothing left. A lot of the space is iBooks. She said she didn't purchase any nor does she read them. They are using several gigs of space. How can I delete them all? Also, how can she delete her facebook messages? And podcasts? They are all using a few gigs of storage. Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My sister's ipad 2 storage is full and she needs to free-up some space. There is nothing left. A lot of the space is iBooks. She said she didn't purchase any nor does she read them. They are using several gigs of space. How can I delete them all? Also, how can she delete her facebook messages? And podcasts? They are all using a few gigs of storage. Thanks.

Hi Billy Joe - please provide some more information, i.e. how much storage is present on the iPad 2 and how much is left (check in Settings -> About); also, what iOS is installed (iBooks could be deleted in the past but not w/ the most recent iOS versions). So, if iBooks cannot be deleted, then you'll need to remove items by selection - see the screen capture below from my iPad's iBooks app (I've picked 4 books in the 2nd row) - pick 'Select', then choose what you want to delete - then go to 'Delete' and remove the items - see if that works for you. Now, I'm curious how those items even ended up in iBooks if not purchased and/or downloaded (e.g. PDFs)?

As to Facebook (FB), I don't use the app (connect via a browser) - but, if your sister wants nothing saved, then simply press and hold the icon until all 'jiggle' - then hit the 'x' in the left upper corner of the FB icon - the app and all its contents will be removed from the device.

See how much storage is 'freed up' w/ these, then further advice can be offered. Dave :)
IMG_6897.PNG

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Open the iBooks app, tap the My Books button at the bottom of the page and under collections, at the top center of the page, select all books. Now, tap the select button at the top right of the page, then tap Select All. Now, tap the delete button at the top left. On the pop up menu that appears, select Remove Download. Your iBooks should now be deleted from the iPad.

The easiest way of deleting Facebook messages is to delete the app, then re-install it.

To delete podcasts, open the app and tap the edit button at the top of the page, then tap the red button next to a podcast. This reveals the delete button. Tap it and the podcast is deleted. Repeat for each podcast you want to delete.

OP
B
Reaction score
She recently deleted over 600 pictures and 6 videos. She still has a lot of photos. Still not enough storage to take new photos.
Used: 11.7 GB.
Available: 0.0
12 with between 1.1 MB to 151 MB and 3smaller sized ones.

Still, when she tries to open the camera app it says "Not enough storage . . ."

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are the photos she removed still on her iPad? Take a look at the Photos app, the Recently Deleted album. If they are still there, remove them, or else they'll stay there for some time.

OP
B
Reaction score
My sister left to return home to a neighboring state. She now has 3.0 GB of free space. Also, two game apps wouldn't open. I deleted them then reinstalled them. Both work fine now. She's happy she can play Candy Crush on her way home. I think I just became her favorite brother.

Most reactions

Latest posts