1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Please Help

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by jameslacy8, Sep 13, 2012.

1. jameslacy8

jameslacy8 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I cannot find an answer for this anywhere. I am trying to update ios on my wife's ipad 2. When I plug in to itunes through the PC I go through the steps and it wants to backup. However, it tells me there is not enough room on the drive to do so and cannot do it. I cannot make enough space to complete it on that drive. But I have a second drive on the computer which has plenty of space. How can I make it back up to that D drive instead of the C drive?
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,070 / 1
    Which version of iOS is your Wife's iPad currently on? The reason I ask is that if it is currently on iOS 5 or higher, it can be updated over the air, without connecting to the computer. Go to Settings>General>Software Update and follow the onscreen directions.

image-2995375218.jpg

Welcome to the iPad forums and don't hesitate to come back if you still have problems with this or any other issue.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012