What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

icloud back-up

GapsterLeFayt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just had an automated 'information panel' on my ipad2 telling me the ipad hasn't been backed up for two weeks..... I didn't know it was even backing up to icloud?

Now that I've plugged it in and it's locked, how long should it be 'locked' into icloud back-up mode?(There's nothing much new on the damn thing since I bought it!

Is there a way to cancel the automatic back-up and continue using the ipad? :(

For the last 2 hrs it's been 'locked' with a screen saying:

"This ipad hasn't been backed up in two weeks. Back-ups happen when this ipad is plugged in, locked, and connected to wifi"

How do I get out of this please????

If there is no 'way out'is there a way to go back to factory settings??

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Strange. The iPad should not lock just because backups haven't been done.

If it is unresponsive you should be able to get it back to normal with a reset.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

If you don't want it to backup to iCloud you can goto Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup, and turn iCloud Backup OFF.

From the same page you can also manually start a Backup.

Or, by selecting Manage Storage and then your device name you can turn off backups for individual apps that you don't care about, saving space and time.

OP
G

GapsterLeFayt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks twerppoet - I managed to find the reset option by chance, and I'll check out the icloud settings later today. :) Weird that it locked up the ipad??

Most reactions

Latest posts