Ipad, new OS load,, BIG Problem

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by JJ_BPK, Jan 28, 2016.

1. JJ_BPK

JJ_BPK
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The new OS came out, Update my 6s ok, but after I backed up my Ipad to the cloud & my PC, the update started, then failed.

The Ipad has a black screen with the itunes logo and a cable w/arrow. I think it is implying I should plug the ipad in. It is plugged in and after several plug/unplug/plug still going no-where.

I had this problem with my 6s & the Dec release. Tried the power/menu button reset, no-go. Took it to an apple retail store(25 miles away) they did a series of hold this, push this 3 times wait xx sec, push that.... Then did a recovery from the cloud.

Don't want to go back there, mileage, they charged 35USD, AND they use direct-TV Satellite(2mips?). Took over an hr to reload..

Could someone give me the series of buttom strokes needed to restore my ipad??

ALSO: Would I be better off doing ALL new OS updates via wifi rather than cable connected to my PC?? ..

Thanks in advance..
    Jim

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  3. JJ_BPK

JJ_BPK
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    tried suggested link, does not work..

I need the Apple store multi-step button sequence that is 3 or 4 steps.

4. JJ_BPK

JJ_BPK
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Talked to apple, No luck, suggested I visit the store where they can force reset.. Not sure why they won't tell me how to do it @Home??