Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by DUTCH VanAtlanta, Jul 16, 2010.
"close and reopen" which? iTunes?
Yes, iTunes, sorry. If you look up that error code you can find the precise apple directions...I don't have the link right here.
Tried a different USB port. It hangs during the "Preparing iPad for restore" step in the process. The following log shows that restore succeeded, but iTunes says the iPad is still in the recovery mode; and it obviously still is a brick.
Guess I'm going to have to call support. Arrggghhhh!
The copy of the 3.2.1 firmware your iTunes downloaded is corrupt. Go to
C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
And delete the firmware file that was downloaded. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet via cable and not wifi if possible and have iTunes download the software again and perform the restore.
Having similar issue here. Now it is suck with a picture of sync cable to CD on the ipad. I am trying to see if I can use another computer to restore.
Ummmm......yea. Think I'll wait to install the new update, especially since I don't have any wifi issues. Lol
Went to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Software Updates
on my Windows XP machine where I had originally started the update and had problem. Copied the update file to another PC
I copied to a Windows 7 machine.
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AppleComputer\iTunes\iPad Software Updates\
Boot up iTunes and plug in the ipad. It auto start the extraction of the file and update the ipad. Now the iPad is empty like it was brand new. iTune then start recovery process.
Seems to be working nicely so far
Mine did exactly the same thing when I tried to update to the 3.2.1 . It was taking hours to back up before the update so I left it running and went to bed. When I got up this morning the iTunes screen said the back up failed and iPad would have to be restored. A picture of the iTunes logo and USB cable was on the iPad. This is on a windows xp pc. I had the option to restore and it did and I had the new update when it was finished with no more problem.
Done and in the process of downloading the software again in iTunes. Servers must be overloaded, as it's taking forever and ever just to do the download.
I'll update when finished.
Same old same old. Still a brick.
Trying to do it on a different computer to sort out possible USB problems.