1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Jailbroken iPad 2 os 5.0.1

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Superbroker1, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Superbroker1

Superbroker1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im no iPad genius or anything, but ive tried to plug it into my lap top in recovery mode ( where you hold down the button for 10 seconds till the cord and iTunes logo come on) and also tried to just go into settings a erase everything, but can't seem to shake this jailbreak. Need to download the new update 6.0 cause it's getting buggy. jailbreak is not for me too...too much stuff I don't need...please anyone help me, I've been watching YouTube vids and tried the tiny umbrella thing, but can't get that to work either...if I brought it to the apple store can they help me?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,669 / 0
  3. Superbroker1

Superbroker1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been trying to download tiny umbrella. So I hook iPad to laptop and download a windows Version or can I do that on iPad? I tried it and it seemed to want to go into 4 shared and when it was done downloading it went...blank?like there was nothing there. This sucks.
  4. Superbroker1

Superbroker1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it an actual app that in downloading?
  5. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,669 / 0
    Tiny Umbrella is a program that is downloaded to your computer; it is not put on the iPad. Once it's on your computer, you use it to save SHSH blobs so that you can, hopefully, jail break again in the future, should you wish to.

However, as it appears you have never run Tiny Umbrella, try skipping that step (#2) in the tutorial that tells you to run it. That step is there for those who have run Tiny Umbrella in the past and so have set certain parameters. If you've not run it, it's okay to skip that step. So, follow the tutorial without that step and see how you get on.

Marilyn.
  6. Superbroker1

Superbroker1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all your help. It worked! All I really needed to do was to put it into DFA mode