Blew it Big Time During Upgrade to OS 5 on my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by don26812, Oct 24, 2011.

1. don26812

don26812 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I made the mistake a few days ago by beginning the upgrade process to OS 5 on my iPad late at night when I was not thinking clearly. Apparently I did not follow the instructions properly. At some point, I answered a key question or two wrong.

When the update was complete, it was like I had a brand new iPad. All of my Apps and data were erased. Also during this process, I had to change my ID etc.

During the update process, I remember a message displaying that a backup was being generated, but I did not select iCloud when asked at another point.

I believe I even have a new ID or name for the iPad.

My obvious question: is there a way that I can restore my apps and data? Or can I restore the iPad to its original OS 4 state and then try the update again?

Is there a way restore the paid-for apps, if I have to keep the OS 5 version on my iPad.

As you can see I am somewhat desparate and a beginner using the iPad and iTunes, so detailed steps are what I am hoping for.

TIA

2. jasmynsway

jasmynsway iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I'm pretty sure that if you go to settings>store you can enter your old apple id. Once you do that, open iTunes on your iPad. You'll either have to hunt down your purchases or you hit the updates option on the bottom of the iTunes screen and you'll see all your apps there or select the purchased option on that same updates screen. Your apps may be there too.

I'm not sure about be restore os 4 part or syncing back to your previous settings.

3. don26812

don26812 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you. I was able to restore all of my apps. My iPad data was not restored, but that is ok. I needed to clean house anyway. I was able to keep OS 5.

Now I have to update my iPhone to OS 5. This time I will be more careful.