iPad is Great, iTunes is not.

Discussion in 'iPad Reviews' started by Excession, Jun 5, 2010.

1. michali

michali
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    When I first got my iPad, I could not sync with iTunes as my computer would not recognize the iPad. However, I installed a driver having googled the problem and all is well except my apps are always grayed out so do not sync. My other problem is that I have to remove Bonjour each time there is an iTunes update, so some file transfer apps do not work. Funnily enough, an older laptop gives me none of these problems but it is much easier to sync with the desktop. Interesting too is that I cannot reply on this forum using the browser Atomic Browser as the reply box is grayed out. All to challenge and make life fun!

2. Ripplinghurst

Ripplinghurst
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    What I hate most about itunes is that it's library frequent gets outdated. You add and delete movies, music outside iTunes, and it has no clue about what happened. Not to mention duplicates it creates...

Terrible app.

3. cherhall

cherhall
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I reply from Atomic Browser and Perfect just fine using the normal reply box. Doing it now! :) My browser is set as Safari for iPad, so that may be the difference, but I've never had a problem posting from either browser using the normal means

4. Amort

Amort
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    But Apple had to bring in a system that works as a centre for your content etc. now the iTunes has just got that! Imagine if you would need extra software for everything you can do with iTunes, regular users would go crazy:)

5. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    So true, windows iTunes sucks....oddly enough it is an excellant app on mac os tho.

6. Ripplinghurst

Ripplinghurst
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Just a question: is it possible for searching for duplicates in the library (not just displaying them), by more than one criteria (ex. name, file contents, file size)?

Does it automatically updates the library if you rename or add album art to a file? O change tags using another editor?

Does it keep tracks of deletes and addition, not only for music, but books, videos, etc.?

Because the Windows version does none of those things. It sucks. That's why I use Media Monkey.

7. pallentx

pallentx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I dont know if its a windows only thing, but itunes is just terrible. It doesnt auto update the library, it doesnt find most of my album art work, It can only handle a couple of music formats. The interface is awkward with settings buried all over the place. It needs a serious redesign.

Apple could learn a lot from Microsoft's Zune software :) (I know that's heresy here) The Zune software will show any file of any type that windows can play in your library. It will convert seamlessly in the background when it syncs to the device if its an unsupported file type. If you copy a folder of music into your music folder, the software automatically picks it up and adds it to your library. It looks great too. Its also very easy in the Zune software to exclude individual files or albums, pictures, folders of pictures, videos, etc. You just right-click the item in your library and tell it not to sync it. When your device is connected you can browse the items on your device and remove them individually as well.

#17 pallentx, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  8. ipadfans

ipadfans
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i totally agree, itune is too chunky and many functions are not needed

9. Fotonutz

Fotonutz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hope some of the Apple iTunes developers are here in this forum reading our suggestions so that they can consider our needs for the next iTunes release.

I'd really hope we can drag and drop songs, videos and photos into the iPhone or iPad like the WinMobile devices.

10. Bremen

Bremen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I drag and drop music to my iPad all the time, why would you think you couldn't?