Help with iTunes backup. Old pc about to kick the bucket.

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Hundred, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Hundred

Hundred iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not really having a problem, everything is working great "so far", but the PC that stores all of my iTunes backup to
    Restore my ipad is VERY old and will not last much longer. I backup my pad quite often and will be making some store
    purchases soon (just saw the final fantasy games!) I know where I can find the iTunes library on my xp computer, (c/administrator/application data/apple computer/mobile sync/ something like that).

Here's the questions...
    Does this "library file" contain my apps including paid apps? And, can I save it to an external device like a USB stick and
    use it on with a newly installed iTunes on a new pc? I figure I can with the "file, library,import in iTunes. Just want to be
    sure.

Also, my old Pc with my backup *is not authorized*

Thanks

Hundred (mark)

2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,389 / 2
    Your iTunes purchased list contains almost everything you purchased from iTunes, except audiobooks. This list will be accessible from any authorized computer. Yur backup also contains app data, etc., that is not part of the iTunes purchased list. If you want to access the backup on your old computer, you will have to authorize the computer.

3. Hundred

Hundred iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love my ipad retina, but I hate apple as a company. I have no way to authorize my computer because it has no way to access the
    Internet. I have an ipad wifi+3G, can I backup paid apps on iCloud at least?

4. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +748 / 0
    There is some great info on this thread, be sure to check out the links in the answers as thy provide even more information https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4214342

The Archangel

5. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,065 / 0
    • Like Like x 1