What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with iTunes backup. Old pc about to kick the bucket.

Hundred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not really having a problem, everything is working great "so far", but the PC that stores all of my iTunes backup to
Restore my ipad is VERY old and will not last much longer. I backup my pad quite often and will be making some store
purchases soon (just saw the final fantasy games!) I know where I can find the iTunes library on my xp computer, (c/administrator/application data/apple computer/mobile sync/ something like that).

Here's the questions...
Does this "library file" contain my apps including paid apps? And, can I save it to an external device like a USB stick and
use it on with a newly installed iTunes on a new pc? I figure I can with the "file, library,import in iTunes. Just want to be
sure.

Also, my old Pc with my backup *is not authorized*

Thanks

Hundred (mark)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not really having a problem, everything is working great "so far", but the PC that stores all of my iTunes backup to
Restore my ipad is VERY old and will not last much longer. I backup my pad quite often and will be making some store
purchases soon (just saw the final fantasy games!) I know where I can find the iTunes library on my xp computer, (c/administrator/application data/apple computer/mobile sync/ something like that).

Here's the questions...
Does this "library file" contain my apps including paid apps? And, can I save it to an external device like a USB stick and
use it on with a newly installed iTunes on a new pc? I figure I can with the "file, library,import in iTunes. Just want to be
sure.

Also, my old Pc with my backup *is not authorized*

Thanks

Hundred (mark)

Your iTunes purchased list contains almost everything you purchased from iTunes, except audiobooks. This list will be accessible from any authorized computer. Yur backup also contains app data, etc., that is not part of the iTunes purchased list. If you want to access the backup on your old computer, you will have to authorize the computer.

OP
H

Hundred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my ipad retina, but I hate apple as a company. I have no way to authorize my computer because it has no way to access the
Internet. I have an ipad wifi+3G, can I backup paid apps on iCloud at least?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my ipad retina, but I hate apple as a company. I have no way to authorize my computer because it has no way to access the
Internet. I have an ipad wifi+3G, can I backup paid apps on iCloud at least?

There is some great info on this thread, be sure to check out the links in the answers as thy provide even more information https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4214342

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts