iPad is Great, iTunes is not.

Discussion in 'iPad Reviews' started by Excession, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Walker

Walker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Can anyone PLEASE help, I used to be able to sync my ipad to my laptop, now all I get is "This iPad can not be used Apple Mobile Device iTunes failed to start", or along those lines.

After googling the problem, I was advised to go un-install itunes and all of its other apps, quick time ect...did that! Re-installed everything now when I plug ipad into said computer nothing at all comes up in itunes, but when I plug my ipod is it works as it should

Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

2. graywolf

graywolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    I sometimes get a message from itunes saying the iphone cannot be syncronized. Just turn off your iPad and turn it back on then open iTunes and then connect your iPad. Maybe it is because I am jailbroken...

3. Walker

Walker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Tried that already, did not work!

4. allenmobis

allenmobis
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The two-way sync work with Safari on Mac computers and with both Internet Explorer and Safari for Windows on Windows PC’s. You can use a workaround to get Chrome or Firefox bookmarks onto the iPad, but it will not give you a 2-way sync between browsers.

1. Connect your iPad to your pc and open iTunes.

2. Select your device from the left column.

three. In the correct column, select the Info tab.

4. Scroll down to the Other section.

5. For Mac users: Check the Sync Safari bookmarks checkbox.

For Windows users: Check the Sync bookmarks from checkbox and choose either Web Explorer or Safari from the dropdown menu.

6. Click the Apply or Sync button.

The two-way sync between your device and your computer is now produced and will include them within the sync process when the device is connected to iTunes.

If you are using a browser other than those mentioned above, you are able to still get your bookmarks to your device by utilizing iTunes, regrettably this means that you will need to export your bookmarks from Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. and import them into either Web Explorer or Safari. You would then use the above steps to move the bookmarks to your device. While it does seem to be a sloppy answer, it certain beats having to enter the bookmarks by hand.

Hope It will be helpful.

5. Michele6303

Michele6303
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    How do you get the music from your zune to iTunes I am technically challenged lol

6. lazyUser

lazyUser
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I fully agree, love my iPad2, hate having to even have to know about the existence of Itunes just because I want to copy pics from my PC to the iPad.

7. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Im not a big fan of the iTunes app either. Trying to sync photos and especially delete them from my iPad has been an incredible test of patience for me. Yuk.

8. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    But once you've upgraded to iOS5 you'll never need to use it again!!!

Tim

9. jsh1120

jsh1120
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I've been looking forward to that. But from what I can tell (and I may be very confused) I'll have to rely on iCloud in its place. And I simply haven't had the time or patience to tell if my life will improve in that case. Am I hopelessly confused here?

10. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I'm wondering about this, too.

I've just updated two of three iPads to iOS 5 and have wasted time unscrambling apps that iTunes or the cloud scrambled for no apparent reason. One iPad was scrambled, another was only partly scrambled. I'd synched and backed up both to iTunes before upgrading. If iTunes were a piñata, I'd happily take a stick to it.