What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD Disabled

jay73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Hoping to get some assistance, first time posting on this form.

I have a IPAD Air 1st Gen (A1475) and currently it is stuck on IPAD Disabled - Connect to iTunes.

Watched a few youtube videos and they state to connect to Itunes and then (while the IPAD is on), select the Power Button and Home Button at the same time.

I performed those steps, the IPAD goes blank, Apple Symbol Appears (still holding the buttons) and next, I should see the pic of the cable at which point Itunes would recognize the IPAD.

But it doesn't get to that point, it simply boots all the way up to the Disabled Screen again.

So, wanted to see what the suggestions are?

Thanks

Jay

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

According to Apple, the procedure is a bit different now:

Make sure your device isn’t connected to the computer.
Turn off your iPad.
Then press and hold the Home button while connecting your iPad to the computer. Keep holding the button until you see the recovery mode screen. As soon as that screen appears, let go of the button. If the “Disabled” screen appears, you have to start again (disconnect, turn off, …).

Hope that helps.

OP
J

jay73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

According to Apple, the procedure is a bit different now:

Make sure your device isn’t connected to the computer.
Turn off your iPad.
Then press and hold the Home button while connecting your iPad to the computer. Keep holding the button until you see the recovery mode screen. As soon as that screen appears, let go of the button. If the “Disabled” screen appears, you have to start again (disconnect, turn off, …).

Hope that helps.
Thanks for your quick reply, so just to confirm, as I am pressing the Home Button, at the same time I need to connect the cable to the computer and continue holding until I see the recovery screen?

I will try that.

Most reactions

Latest posts