What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Disabled

OP
boriken55

boriken55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you

I also download Kindle app and I recover some books. I lost the PDF docs.

Sherrio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 7 is a nitemare. I didn't want to put a password in so I disabled it in settings. Somehow the password screen appeared again and my Dad tried all different ones not knowing none was put in. Thus locked out and no clue how to get back in. He doesn't have another computer to look anything up on. I looked for directions on my computer but they look very complicated. can someone help? Thanks Sherri

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He'll need a computer to get access to his device again.

Here's what he could try first: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212
If he had Find my iPad enabled in iCloud, he'll have to remove his device from there first, also through a computer. The instructions should be in that link as well.

He also could try to restore his iPad: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414
A computer is needed here as well.

Reading your post once more, I'm somewhat surprised that the password screen appeared, although you didn't enable passcode lock. When he doesn't have to enter a passcode, the only way to get access to the device should be to slide to unlock, nothing else.

Just in case you/he didn't do it already: perform a reset (press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up). It's also recommended after an update.

Last edited:

Sherrio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He'll need a computer to get access to his device again.

Here's what he could try first: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212
If he had Find my iPad enabled in iCloud, he'll have to remove his device from there first, also through a computer. The instructions should be in that link as well.

He also could try to restore his iPad: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414
A computer is needed here as well.

Reading your post once more, I'm somewhat surprised that the password screen appeared, although you didn't enable passcode lock. When he doesn't have to enter a passcode, the only way to get access to the device should be to slide to unlock, nothing else.

Just in case you/he didn't do it already: perform a reset (press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up). It's also recommended after an update.
RESPONSE:
I did everything according to the instructions twice. It took 15 minutes both time while it supposedly restored. First time, it said I had to update ITunes to the latest version. So I did that and restored a second time. When it was finished it gave me an error message that said " ipad is disabled". Duh! So after all that I had to take it to Geek Squad and pay $30 where they told me an interesting thing. Even if you disable the password in settings, after 7-14 days the password screen will appear again. If you have not entered a password to begin with, you are s__t out of luck and must pay to have it restored. What a scam. Who knew you had to put in a password? Did you know that?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
RESPONSE: I did everything according to the instructions twice. It took 15 minutes both time while it supposedly restored. First time, it said I had to update ITunes to the latest version. So I did that and restored a second time. When it was finished it gave me an error message that said " ipad is disabled". Duh! So after all that I had to take it to Geek Squad and pay $30 where they told me an interesting thing. Even if you disable the password in settings, after 7-14 days the password screen will appear again. If you have not entered a password to begin with, you are s__t out of luck and must pay to have it restored. What a scam. Who knew you had to put in a password? Did you know that?
I don't use a password on one of my iPads, and the password screen never appears there.

Most reactions

Latest posts