What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad is Disabled

NormM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad also is saying IPad is disabled connect to itunes. when i connect to itunes it wont let me go any farther, cause of the lock code. I do know my lock code, but my kids must have been screwing with it n now its disabled. How do I get it where i can put my password in?

This is a bug in the way that Apple has set up the security. One the iPad is permanently disabled, from too many wrong lock code attempts, there is no way to use it again without erasing everything. The previous lock code becomes irrelevant. Exactly the same thing happened to a friend of mine, who was using his new iPad only wirelessly (no iTunes backup) and hadn't turned on iCloud backup. His kids tried to guess the password and the iPad was permanently disabled. It would make more sense to first disable it for a much longer period, before permanently disabling it!

FlowerpotsUnite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crikey - I have done the same and feels like taking a dicey road to hit restore button. Sods law that its the most important documents that I won't have backed on Itunes!

Most reactions