iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Greg G, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg G

Greg G
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the excellent advice!

-Greg

2. sickpup

sickpup
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    All great advise. I also got a wi-fi which was suppose to be for my wife's when I got my 3G, and I used her computer to sync it. Now she is also getting a 3G which will be no problem syncing it on her computer. My computer is all set waiting for Friday for the initial sync of my 3G. GO TIGERS. :D

3. tigerbait1953

tigerbait1953
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    GO TIGERS

My wife likes it as much as my son and I. I guess she will be the home for the 3G when version 2 comes out next year. Until then THEY get to share.

4. TelSteve

TelSteve
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Outstanding post Tigerbait. Now that's the kind of info we need before we acquire the classy eyed stares and the sweaty hands on Friday. On day one when Apple posted the first apps there were not many reviews in. Now that we know how they rate I will be deleting the poor graded ones to clean out my list. Thanks again for the tips.:D

5. zeiglepad

zeiglepad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Charge is gone???

Last week my available balance went down $900 or so dollars (for the ipad charge 64gb 3g) but now the available balance is back up to normal???

Did this happen to anyone else???

P.S. I got the letter saying it was going to ship late april. & everything still looks the same on the apple site (late april)

6. dks

dks
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    yes, I have had 2 separate $729 pending charges from apple on my debit account for my one ipad over the last month... currently my account is showing (2) $1 pendings from apple... I do not know what is going on..

but I ready for friday!

7. figmo10

figmo10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Absence of notice to date has me thinking that our iPads are staged somewhere in the US and not shipping directly to us from China. But I wouldn't make book on it.

There isn't an Apple rep who would, right now, say anything else to a customer but "Yes, it will be shipped for Friday delivery." I don't think the Apple CSRs get too much inside information too far in advance of Apple's public statements.

8. rtking

rtking
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Same here... I had a pending charge that fell off and my debit card available balance increased. I suspect that Apple is just checking to make sure the cards are still "good" for the charge amount as they prepare to ship all the 3G units at one time, but wanted to do it early enough so that the charge would fall-off and not "double-ding" the card and possibly max-out the card and cause other problems. Again, just my guess...

9. Greg G

Greg G
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I've been thinking about the concerns people have been posting regarding "improper" use of this thread. I agree that it is a good place to come and see if anything new is going on with the release of 3G and have enjoyed it as such. However, I would like to make it clear that I started this thread to give us a place to go where we could help each other wait for the release of 3G as the WiFi people were about to get theirs. Remember, the title of the thread Is "iPad 3G Support Group Thread" and not "3G iPad Status Thread". Below is my original post:

I do like having the app stuff in a separate thread but there was nothing about it that violated the intent of this one. My point is that we should all calm down and be good to each other. I feel like the posts bashing others are more disruptive to the thread than anything else. I know its been a long wait and thank goodness it is almost over. Lets hold it together for a few more days. I can't wait til we can start crowing about our tracking information! :D

-Greg

#949 Greg G, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  10. icepulse

icepulse
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm extremely calm. I merely indicated that I don't like posts w/ 1" high fonts; it gobbles up so much real estate, you have to constantly move to the next page. It's like billboards.

Like Woody Says in Annie Hall: "you can give your opinion, but do you have to give it so loudly?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.