iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Greg G, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg G

Greg G
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Agreed.

2. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone - a little redundancy from a post yesterday - but nontheless important information.

I had a chat with Apple yesterday re status of my orders (I have a 3G 64GB on order since March 13th and another identical order dated April 3rd).

My hold on funds dropped off as well. Apple told me that they can only hold funds so long and if they don't fire off the charge the hold is released. They said that doesn't mean they don't already have the authorization - and that they will definitely charge the cards slightly before or after shipping.

As far as shipping - Apple told me that they would definitely ship today (Monday) in order to get here by Friday. I asked about if they're coming from China like my other peripherals and she said "Good question let me check". She then said that she was in error and that both of my iPads may ship as late as Wednesday since they were both already in the United States.

Hope this helps - I think this is how many of these will go down this week.

3. figmo10

figmo10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    In paraphrase, Woody also said in Annie Hall: Don't you wish life was like that?

4. icepulse

icepulse
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    One last one from Woody; "Love & Death" this time:

"Yes, I've said that many times!"

5. bart7373

bart7373
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Happy Camper

Hey everyone. I too can't wait for Friday. However, I just found out I am one of the winners of the Seidio Flexcase giveaway so I feel better now. This forum rocks!

6. Greg G

Greg G
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Nice! Congratulations!! :cool:

7. lawdood

lawdood
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone, my name is lawdood and I'm an ipad 3g waitaholic.

I've been going crazy by myself (only one of my friends who's getting one of these right now) and have been suffering silently waiting for Friday until I came across this forum the other day. Glad to be around like minded, impatient for Friday people like myself.

The one question I have is if these are going out by Fed Ex Priority overnight does that mean we SHOULD have them by 10:30AM?

Oh, and like a few others I have rearranged my Friday work schedule so that I have nothing planned other than to work a little from home....that is until "it" shows up.

8. torero

torero
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone! I've been checking my order status every chance I get, and like everyone here, still no status change. If I recall correctly, people who pre-ordered their wi-fi only units received notices when their units began shipping from China. It's been strangely quiet in our case. Hmmm. My pending charges are still there though. Just waiting and checking order status and online bank statement like an automaton. *sigh*

9. sickpup

sickpup
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Welcome lawdood. No need to suffer alone, when you can suffer with the rest of us. It has been an agonizing wait but will be over soon.
    As for as Priority overnight, Fedex states "usually delivered by 10:30AM". I would have to say that it would be hard for them to deliver all the shipments by 10:30AM but keep your fingers crossed.
    A lot of us will be waiting curbside for our buddy the Fedex person. ;)

10. iceman

iceman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    How do you select what you don't want manually in iTunes?

At the moment, I have 58 apps ready to be downloaded. Only a couple are games, so they are probably pretty small. Can anyone guess how long that will take to sync?

Another question: Which 3G plan are you going to go with first? I'm going to go with the $30 unlimited plan for at least the first month and see how much I use (hopefully I will be able to tell). I was going to go with the $15/256MB plan, but then I re-read the deal. If you are approaching your limit, you have a choice of paying $15 for 256MB or $30 for unlimited, so if I went with the 256MB and used it up, I might use up another 256MB before the end of the month, and have to add more. Did anyone else notice that?

#960 iceman, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.