What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 screen/face/bezel size vs iPad 1: using screen protectors

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have two sets of the Power Support anti-glare screen protector, which is the best I've seen (believe me, I've tried a few). I would LIKE to use them with the new iPad 2. It think there is an ever-so-slightly width/height difference between the two devices. No biggie, I can trim, if necessary. But I was just wondering if anyone could shed some further light on this...could someone use a current screen protector/shield with the iPad 2? Not sure if this has been brought up before here...

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two sets of the Power Support anti-glare screen protector, which is the best I've seen (believe me, I've tried a few). I would LIKE to use them with the new iPad 2. It think there is an ever-so-slightly width/height difference between the two devices. No biggie, I can trim, if necessary. But I was just wondering if anyone could shed some further light on this...could someone use a current screen protector/shield with the iPad 2? Not sure if this has been brought up before here...

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

I would like to know the answer to this also.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mind the camera lens location

and be prepared to cut a hole for it. I use a Zagg shield on my iPad1 and love that but will hold for the proper measurements when I receive the iPad2. No rush.

jayratch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
and be prepared to cut a hole for it. I use a Zagg shield on my iPad1 and love that but will hold for the proper measurements when I receive the iPad2. No rush.

Isn't the screenprotector see-through?

In my opinion, the best ones are the anti-glare, which are not entirely see-through.

Even the glossy ones will tend to cause a slight problem with the camera because of the glue that holds them on. A hole shouldn't be too hard to cut, and it you use a punch you can make it pretty clean.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Even the glossy ones will tend to cause a slight problem with the camera because of the glue that holds them on. A hole shouldn't be too hard to cut, and it you use a punch you can make it pretty clean.

These are actually held in place by vacuum seal and not glue however the screen protector would still act as a second lens over the camera and therefore have a diminished impact on photo quality. From the reports of the camera quality though, it may not have much bearing on the final image.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts