What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6 update

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When iOS 6 becomes available later this year,will it be available as an OTA download like the several updates to iOS 5?

Last edited:
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Gosh, I never thought otherwise. Just assumed that it would.

I guess we'll find out on the release date.The reason I asked is that the OTA updates for iOS 5 just included the parts that changed,not the whole iOS.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, they announced that it would be OTA. There may be limitations. I doubt that it would be done over 4G, so it will be a wifi update.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seadog said:
Yes, they announced that it would be OTA. There may be limitations. I doubt that it would be done over 4G, so it will be a wifi update.

Thanks.

adyhooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple update its iOS 6 software. This update is available for the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 mobile phone and also available for iPad that comes with different types of bugs fixes and improvements. According to Apple declaration iOS 6 back on the 11th June.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
adyhooper said:
Apple update its iOS 6 software. This update is available for the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 mobile phone and also available for iPad that comes with different types of bugs fixes and improvements. According to Apple declaration iOS 6 back on the 11th June.

It's currently not available to anyone but authorized developers. The general public won't be able to use iOS 6 until the general release sometime late this summer or early fall.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marioplusipad said:
iOS 6 is now in beta and I'm sooooo exited for it to be released on fall I have a iPad 3 so when ios6 comes out Siri will come to the iPad 3!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Yes,the beta 3 release of iOS 6 is in current release to authorized Apple developers.

Most reactions

Latest posts