What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Beta Thoughts

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
graywolf said:
I have iTunes 10.5 because I had to have that to get to iOS 5 in the first place. :)

But not a Mac. Wouldn't apple make it available on windows too?

I installed iOS 5 when I had iTunes 10. 2 or whatever it was. Then I installed iTunes 10. 5. I just did a shift restore . Do you think apple will release another iTunes beta when beta 2 ios 5 is released?

iPad 2 owner

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gunny008 said:
I installed iOS 5 when I had iTunes 10. 2 or whatever it was. Then I installed iTunes 10. 5. I just did a shift restore . Do you think apple will release another iTunes beta when beta 2 ios 5 is released?

iPad 2 owner

I would think not.

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tabbed Safari is worth the beta upgrade alone......

So far all my apps run fine. All my purchased music is on iCloud.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF!

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
metheridge said:
Tabbed Safari is worth the beta upgrade alone......

So far all my apps run fine. All my purchased music is on iCloud.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF!

Icloud works for you?

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
miket5au said:
The whole syncing thing is interesting. I just connect my iPad to my computer and it then gets charged as well as syncing whatever needs doing. If I change to using wireless syncing how is my iPad going to get charged?

With the charger. No matter where you are.

Sorry I think that went over your head. I have two iPad chargers. I just don't use it normally.

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
miket5au said:
The wireless syncing is only available with iTunes 10.5 - which requires a Mac?

I have iTunes 10.5 because I had to have that to get to iOS 5 in the first place. :)

Only the Mac version of iTunes 5 is available to download through the developer program. Maybe it is different in the US but its not there for us Antipodeans.

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I have an ipad 2 verizon 3g and I wanted to go to ios5. Is it alright as long as I use the ipad 2 cdma restore?

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
miket5au said:
The wireless syncing is only available with iTunes 10.5 - which requires a Mac?

Only the Mac version of iTunes 5 is available to download through the developer program. Maybe it is different in the US but its not there for us Antipodeans.

I found a link to the Win64 10.5 beta. For some reason Apple don't have it visible in the developer section. The direct link works.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Remember ~ against rules to post Beta links.

Just sayin'...:D

I'm relearning the phrase "Just sayin..." It's not an easy job SweetPoison. :)

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Remember ~ against rules to post Beta links.

Just sayin'...:D

I assumed it was against the rules so I didn't.

I was just curious as to whether the Windows beta for iTunes 10.5 was only available to certain demographics or something as I don't get offered it in Australia.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone been using Photostream, Reminders or Newstand and have them truly moving info between ios devices? I have a MobileMe account ID and until it is migrated to Icloud it doesn't seem I'll be able to use several of the features.

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using iOS 5 on my iPad 2 with Verizon 3G and it works great! Can't wait the WiFi sync gets all activated. All the cool new settings are fun too! Gestures baby.

Most reactions

Latest posts