What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Beta Thoughts

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I would just like to say to anyone having trouble restoring their backup once you upgrade to iOS 5, downgrade to iOS 4.3.3, backup your iPad again, then upgrade to iOS 5 again. That's what I did and it worked for me.

CMax420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great information here :) Thanks for that!

I'm not sure if you can answer this question for me or not since iCloud isn't turned on yet, but my question is I have 5 iOS devices in my house

Me - iPhone 4 and a Ipad2
My Wife - iPhone 4
My kids each have a iPod touch 4th generation

How will the email system work if we all share the same apple ID, will my wife get my emails or will I get all of hers?

Also with the photos will all the devices receive the iCloud uploaded photos? There may be some pictures I take that I don't want my kids devices to receive.

Is there a setting that will allow me to turn off certain cloud settings?

I hope this makes sense.........

Thanks 

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CMax420 said:
Great information here :) Thanks for that!

I'm not sure if you can answer this question for me or not since iCloud isn't turned on yet, but my question is I have 5 iOS devices in my house

Me - iPhone 4 and a Ipad2
My Wife - iPhone 4
My kids each have a iPod touch 4th generation

How will the email system work if we all share the same apple ID, will my wife get my emails or will I get all of hers?

Also with the photos will all the devices receive the iCloud uploaded photos? There may be some pictures I take that I don't want my kids devices to receive.

Is there a setting that will allow me to turn off certain cloud settings?

I hope this makes sense.........

Thanks 

Photo sharing can be turned on and off, and your emails will work the same way they do now. Apple just gives you a free email address, you don't have to use it though.
And if you choose, you don't even have to use the cloud.

CMax420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So can photo sharing be turned off on selected devices? So me and my wife can share photos with each other and not the iPods?

Thanks for the reply btw :)

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CMax420 said:
So can photo sharing be turned off on selected devices? So me and my wife can share photos with each other and not the iPods?

I think it can be done on a device level. But I am not sure. I just know there is a on and off setting. Hopefully someone with multiple devices on the beta can help.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone think there will be many changes in beta 1 and 2? IE any new features or just more stability?

iPad 2 owner

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They don't normally add brand new features, although it features are currently included but disabled, they may get enabled throughout the beta process. It wouldn't be a massive surprise if additional iCloud stuff became available for testing.
And of course they will be bug fixing to improve stability...

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm might keep beta 1 on the iPad until the GM if there's no more features then!

iPad 2 owner

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
CMax420 said:

In the iCloud settings on my iPad, here is what it says in the photo stream option "photo stream automatically uploads new photos to iCloud and downloads them to all of your devices." And you can switch that on or off. So I would think you would just be able to select off and it won't upload or download them to that device.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should start a thread about why you jailbreak. I have not seen a compelling reason to jailbreak and it would be nice to see something other than "Apple are not telling me how I can use MY device".

We have a whole section dedicated to it - iPad Hacking - Apple iPad Forum :)

Lots of good stickies explaining all about the subject in there, and look out for OUTL4W's post - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/23230-what-advantages-will-i-get-jailbreaking-my-ipad.html

and our ultimate list of tweaks here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html

Happy reading!

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
But think of the added stability ;)

How are you finding it? (since this is a beta thoughts thread!). Any problems?

I'm finding it pretty stable - all the apps I use work like they did in ios 4 and multi tasking gestures are slick and don't lag! Safari seems faster.

My main problem is with iTunes 10.5 - sometimes I get a message saying that "iTunes has stopped working, please close the programme" which is annoying and prevents me from opening iTunes. So I just keep reinstalling iTunes 10.5 which sucks a bit! Have you heard about this problem?

iPad 2 owner

Most reactions

Latest posts