What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Beta Thoughts

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
miket5au said:
The Mail App allows you to keep 1000 emails instead of just 200. I also found you can choose a backup server to send email. Which is good for 3G especially as it had my 3G mail server already listed. Was that in iOS 4?

I've never known there was a limit! I'm a MobileMe user and there seems to be no limits on my use of those imap mailboxes. I have thousands of emails.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
Works fine on mine. Also have iCloud music working which is real cool Indicates when select music purchased tab in itunes on the iPad and it shows all music that i purchased . The iCloud icon shows available to down load if not on the iPad. The scanning feature is not active yet

Which version of ios5 are you using...wifi, gsm, or cdma?

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
miket5au said:
The Mail App allows you to keep 1000 emails instead of just 200. I also found you can choose a backup server to send email. Which is good for 3G especially as it had my 3G mail server already listed. Was that in iOS 4?

I've never known there was a limit! I'm a MobileMe user and there seems to be no limits on my use of those imap mailboxes. I have thousands of emails.

I was not talking about imap. Does the imap mail get stored on the ipad? With pop the mail is downloaded to the ipad.

I have not seen the ability to create folders in the mail app. It would be nice to have that feature.

Bug Village is the only app I have found that doesn't work but I have only tried about a dozen so far.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
miket5au said:
I was not talking about imap. Does the imap mail get stored on the ipad?

Yes, and it can access everything on the server as well.

With pop the mail is downloaded to the ipad. I have not seen the ability to create folders in the mail app. It would be nice to have that feature.

I have over 90 folders (called mailboxes) that are all synchronized on iPhone, iPad, and computer all the time.

Bug Village is the only app I have found that doesn't work but I have only tried about a dozen so far.

I've got no problems except for the Calendar app on the wifi version and I've installed it twice!

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
iCab Mobile does not work at all with iOS 5. That's the only app I have that doesn't work. Thank goodness Safari has tabs now, I can live without iCab for awhile....

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
iCab Mobile does not work at all with iOS 5. That's the only app I have that doesn't work. Thank goodness Safari has tabs now, I can live without iCab for awhile....

Safari is quite a bit better under ios5, but I have to say Terra is still faster by a significant margin.

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Omg I might die. Just found out Netflix doesn't work on iPad iOS 5 yet! Eeeek! I wanna cry sorta. They need to hurry and update Netflix.

desiking75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari is notably improved, and it makes viewing multiple things a lot easier. One downside for me has been netflix not working and spotlight not working for music files. Everything else has been nice and the gestures for switching between apps work well. Background syc is a plus too

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Internet tethering via Bluetooth from my droid 2 still works just fine. Idk what problems others are having??

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Omg I might die. Just found out Netflix doesn't work on iPad iOS 5 yet! Eeeek! I wanna cry sorta. They need to hurry and update Netflix.

Not really this is beta not released it may take a month to add or fix different parts of ios5 that is the joy of testing the warning is simple do not install on a device that is your main or day to day computer as it is BETA only.

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
Not really this is beta not released it may take a month to add or fix different parts of ios5 that is the joy of testing the warning is simple do not install on a device that is your main or day to day computer as it is BETA only.

Yeah normally it would be fine but I'm leaving for a trip on Friday for a few weeks and would really like to use Netflix on my iPad. My MacBook pro has a terrible battery life... I downgraded back to 4.3.3 until I get back

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Very good move. I just downgraded to be jailbroken. I don't have a Mac. :(

I wish I could jailbreak mine, but I had to get an iPad 2 huh. And yes you should definitely save up and buy a Mac. I bought my MacBook pro when the first unibodys came out late 2008, spent 4 grand to upgrade everything possible, and I have never had a problem with it... Besides it's one hour battery life, but that's what I pay for performance I guess....

Most reactions

Latest posts